A new possible medication to treat Covid

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, fred said:

Perhaps they have learned some important lessons since then. 

Or more accurately they failed to learn the lessons about how to contain and limite the spread of Covid.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, fred said:

Correct. Science that was hurried along for so called emergency purposes for a virus that has a slightly higher death rate than flu for over 70`s with pre existing conditions.

Who has broken what law?? 
Random hyperbole commentary on the internet by a person named Fred using an unregistered Globe dongle??
Are you serious?

If you pay for more resources and more staff then you can safely hurry science, that is EXACTLY what the USA did with their Apollo program back in the 60s and that is what's been done with the western Covid vaccines.

The simple fact is that they're safe for the vast majority of people and a much safer option than running the risk of a disease that kills at a much higher rate than the worst years of influenza.

Covid has already killed over 2.5 million people compared to the Hong Kong flu which killed just 1 million over a longer time frame.

You can deny the truth all you like (that's your right) and you can refuse to have a vaccine (that's also your right) but if you spew falsehoods that put peoples health at risk then there will be people who'll simply put the facts out there to counter your vaccine disinformation.

As for 'random hyperbole'... well... lets just say it didn't sound like that. 

• Like 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted

Seems to me the minority of Vaccine denier's are dwindling and as per usual the fewer there are the louder they shout

Could be desperation I suppose

I've had my jab and going to enjoy a summer break even if I can't get back to the Philippines.

As for the deniers 

Good luck with the PCR tests and quarantine

• Like 2

fred
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TerryP said:

Seems to me the minority of Vaccine denier's are dwindling and as per usual the fewer there are the louder they shout

t2.jpg

Only 19 percent of adult Filipinos willing to be vaccinated vs COVID-19: survey

MANILA - Only 19 percent of adult Filipinos, or only 1 out of 5 adults in the country, are willing to be inoculated against COVID-19, a recent survey by OCTA Research showed.

The survey also showed that nearly half of adult Filipinos, or 46 percent, said they will not have themselves vaccinated, even if a safe and effective vaccine is available.

Among those not willing to be vaccinated, Balance Luzon and Visayas registered the highest percentage at 47 percent each, while Mindanao and National Capital Region recorded 43 percent each.

The study also showed the intent to be vaccinated is lowest in Balance Luzon at 14 percent, while a quarter of those from the NCR and Mindanao, at 25 percent and 26 percent, respectively, are willing to have themselves vaccinated.

In the Visayas, only 20 percent of Filipinos expressed their intent to get vaccinated.

The intent to get vaccinated is also slightly lower among those of Class D at only 18 percent, compared to those of Class ABC and E, which are both at 23 percent.

On the other hand, Filipinos who do not want to get vaccinated was highest among those in Class D at 46 percent, followed by Class ABC at 45 percent, and Class E at 44 percent.

The survey, likewise, showed that roughly a third of Filipinos, or 35 percent are undecided if they will get vaccinated.

The percentage among those who are undecided is highest in Balance Luzon at 39 percent, while NCR, VIsayas and Mindanao recorded almost similar figures at 31 percent, 33 percent and 32 percent, respectively.

https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/02/25/21/only-19-percent-of-adult-filipinos-willing-to-be-vaccinated-vs-covid-19-survey

Edited by fred
  • Like 1

fred
Posted
Posted (edited)

The survey above may reflect on the disastrous decision by the DOH to rollout clinical trials of the Dengvaxia (anti Dengue vaccine) on Filipino children in 2015. At least 600 (mostly kids) died after a single dose since that time.
People here obviously do not trust rushed through vaccines imposed on them and their children by government DOH and perhaps for good reason.

Edited by fred

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Everyone in my household is fully vaccinated. I  have doubts about the Chinese vaccine but I'll trust modern science in the Western world. The 'Rona isn't in the same class as flu. It's 10 times as deadly and the the UK variant may be worse. From 20% to 30% of victims have "long covid" involving life-changing aftereffects. My daughter and her boyfriend (living elsewhere) caught it before Christmas; she has less energy now and he lost his sense of smell. It could have been far worse.

Damn, fred. I sincerely wish you the best of luck with that. You'll need it.

Edited by Guy F.
  • Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, hk blues said:

Edit - you have suggested some are wary and the others go with the flow.  How about us who support the vaccines because we believe in the science and efficacy of them? That's not going with the flow at all.

I'd fit you in the each has their own opinion box. :tiphat:

• Hmm thinking 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, fred said:

t2.jpg

Only 19 percent of adult Filipinos willing to be vaccinated vs COVID-19: survey

MANILA - Only 19 percent of adult Filipinos, or only 1 out of 5 adults in the country, are willing to be inoculated against COVID-19, a recent survey by OCTA Research showed.

The survey also showed that nearly half of adult Filipinos, or 46 percent, said they will not have themselves vaccinated, even if a safe and effective vaccine is available.

Among those not willing to be vaccinated, Balance Luzon and Visayas registered the highest percentage at 47 percent each, while Mindanao and National Capital Region recorded 43 percent each.

The study also showed the intent to be vaccinated is lowest in Balance Luzon at 14 percent, while a quarter of those from the NCR and Mindanao, at 25 percent and 26 percent, respectively, are willing to have themselves vaccinated.

In the Visayas, only 20 percent of Filipinos expressed their intent to get vaccinated.

The intent to get vaccinated is also slightly lower among those of Class D at only 18 percent, compared to those of Class ABC and E, which are both at 23 percent.

On the other hand, Filipinos who do not want to get vaccinated was highest among those in Class D at 46 percent, followed by Class ABC at 45 percent, and Class E at 44 percent.

The survey, likewise, showed that roughly a third of Filipinos, or 35 percent are undecided if they will get vaccinated.

The percentage among those who are undecided is highest in Balance Luzon at 39 percent, while NCR, VIsayas and Mindanao recorded almost similar figures at 31 percent, 33 percent and 32 percent, respectively.

https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/02/25/21/only-19-percent-of-adult-filipinos-willing-to-be-vaccinated-vs-covid-19-survey

Then they open up with the majority not vaccinated. If it comes down to it that's precisely what will happen.

I'm okay I'm vaccinated so will my loved ones be so in our personal safety I'm confident

You can't convince everyone to do the best thing to save lives even their own. 

The time to stop bleating on about the pros or cons have arrived. I just place faith in what the scientists have said and that the world will be opened up to the ones who have followed the advice.

There hasn't been a credible alternative put forward by the doubters just a tirade of foundless negativity.

Signing off from a rented room in a gloomy UK. But not for much longer my life is about to restart

Don't know about the doubters

• Like 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
On 3/12/2021 at 8:05 PM, Explorer said:

Covid treatments are already available for almost a year, information were scrubbed off the internet by Google, Facebook, etc.

Is this the same guy on the vitamin D advertisement campaign 😂😂

fred
Posted
Posted

Countries suspending AstraZeneca

Thailand
Denmark
Norway
Bulgaria
Iceland

6 other countries have banned a specific batch of shots.

Italy,

Austria,

Estonia, Lithuania,

Luxembourg, and Latvia

Several countries have paused the use of AstraZeneca's COVID-19 vaccine

as a precaution while investigators look into cases of blood clots among vaccinated people.

Austrian authorities said Sunday that a 49-year-old woman had died as a result of severe coagulation disorder after taking the shot, and that a 35-year-old had developed blood clots in the lungs, but was recovering. Both had received vaccines from the same batch, the authorities said.

Danish authorities said Wednesday that one person who had clots after receiving the vaccine had died.

The European Medicines Agency (EMA) on Wednesday noted one death in a person with multiple blood clots after receiving the shots, and one person who had been hospitalized from a blood clot in their lung. It didn't specifically say whether these were the same as the two incidents reported in Austria.

The EMA noted two other "thrombotic events" in people who had received the vaccines, without giving details.

The EMA said it was investigating the incidents, but that there was "no indication" the vaccine had caused them. Experts say any risks are outweighed by the shot's benefits.

The EMA said that European Economic Area, 30 cases of blood clots had been reported out of close to 5 million people vaccinated. UK experts said the proportion of vaccinated people with blood clots was no higher than in the general population.

In a statement to Insider, an AstraZeneca representative said that the safety of its vaccine had been "extensively studied" and that data showed the shot was "generally well tolerated."

Some countries have responded by pausing all use of AstraZeneca's vaccine pending an EMA investigation, while others said they would just stop use of one batch.

Interesting watching this story play out with no skin in the game for now..

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic