Posted
12 minutes ago, fred said:

Countries suspending AstraZeneca

Thailand
Denmark
Norway
Bulgaria
Iceland

6 other countries have banned a specific batch of shots.

Italy,

Austria,

Estonia, Lithuania,

Luxembourg, and Latvia

Is it any wonder then that so many in the Philippines are saying NO to any vaccination? To me,, the Media and bad news all round have frightened them to Death :tiphat:

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Is it any wonder then that so many in the Philippines are saying NO to any vaccination? To me,, the Media and bad news all round have frightened them to Death :tiphat:

And not just the media,Jack,  normal guys like you and me continue to argue this whole thing is some conspiracy by governments (which we don't know), big businesses (which we also don't know) and the pharmas (all of them or just some we don't know). 

We live in an age and world where 6m Americans think the world is flat - and it's quite possible this level of skepticism (stupidity) is not only found in Americans.

Let's give the keys to the world to all those so-called healthily skeptical folk and see where we end up.

Anyhow, like the vast majority I'm just looking forward to getting jabbed and not having our whole lives defined by Covid.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I'm just looking forward to getting jabbed and not having our whole lives defined by Covid.

Which seems to be the basis of what is happening A state of confusion comes to mind, to me, people (Governments) are playing Dangerous games with Voters ( Now this could have dramatic effects on things as and when) :tiphat:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

Which seems to be the basis of what is happening A state of confusion comes to mind, to me, people (Governments) are playing Dangerous games with Voters ( Now this could have dramatic effects on things as and when) :tiphat:

Therein lies another issue, and one which will outlast Covid, the relatively recent trend of politicising everything - even to wear a mask or not became a political statement in some places.

Anyhow, it's a nice Sunday and I'm off for a nice lunch with the wife so happy days!

• Like 2

fred
Posted
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, hk blues said:

And not just the media,Jack,  normal guys like you and me continue to argue this whole thing is some conspiracy by governments (which we don't know), big businesses (which we also don't know) and the pharmas (all of them or just some we don't know). 

We live in an age and world where 6m Americans think the world is flat - and it's quite possible this level of skepticism (stupidity) is not only found in Americans.

Let's give the keys to the world to all those so-called healthily skeptical folk and see where we end up.

Anyhow, like the vast majority I'm just looking forward to getting jabbed and not having our whole lives defined by Covid.

It has nothing to do with any conspiracy theory or about how many think the earth is flat.
This China virus presented a huge opportunity for some very large and dominant companies (Pharma) to make a massive chunk of change.. MONEY. 
Because the panic was spread so fast about how deadly this "virus" was potentially, these big Pharma companies did not even have to have their new products approved by the big drug agencies such as the FDA.
Also,they are not liable or obligated to give compensation should something break or goes wrong.
All they are in business to do is to make MONEY.. That`s all.

If there is a product I need,I do not just go on E-bay or Lazada and press buy immediately because I watched the companies promotional video.
What I do,is listen to the people that took the risk and bought it the day it was put on the market..
Then I wait for 6 months of reviews.
It called hedging my bet. I let you try before I buy.
Whats wrong with that? 

Edited by fred

hk blues
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, fred said:

It has nothing to do with any conspiracy theory or about how many think the earth is flat.
This China virus presented a huge opportunity for some very large and dominant companies (Pharma) to make a massive chunk of change.. MONEY. 
Because the panic was spread so fast about how deadly this "virus" was potentially, these big Pharma companies did not even have to have their new products approved by the big drug agencies such as the FDA.
Also,they are not liable or obligated to give compensation should something break or goes wrong.
All they are in business to do is to make MONEY.. That`s all.

If there is a product I need,I do not just go on E-bay or Lazada and press buy immediately because I watched the companies promotional video.
What I do,is listen to the people that took the risk and bought it the day it was put on the market..
Then I wait for 6 months of reviews.
It called hedging my bet. I let you try before I buy.
Whats wrong with that? 

I stopped reading when the words "China Virus" popped up. I've found that saves a lot of time that I could use more productively.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I stopped reading when the words "China Virus" popped up. I've found that saves a lot of time that I could use more productively.

Well sense this thread has moved off topic from "a new possible medication to treat covid",  (and I don't mind), how about a little more fuel for the fire?

From the news two days ago. 

Former top State Dept investigator says COVID-19 outbreak may have resulted from bioweapons research accident

https://www.foxnews.com/world/top-state-official-coronavirus-bioweapon-accident

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

The overload of information and the habit the media has of divide and conquer should make anyone research alternative cures then throw in a bit of common sense ( I know ). 

Looking at it from a purely Filipino perpective they have had the recent Dengvaxia scandal to cope with and seen how those responsible pretty much walked away Scot free. Throw in the love of corruption, fake drugs and a relatively poor health service in most areas and you're fighting an uphill battle. 

Vaccines work, no doubt about that but we are living in a country where prayer fails 99.9% of the time and a handfull of deaths are loosely attributed to the 30 odd million vaccines already given, yet many Fililpinos would rather put their faith in prayer. 

• Like 3

Terry P
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, fred said:

Countries suspending AstraZeneca

Thailand
Denmark
Norway
Bulgaria
Iceland

6 other countries have banned a specific batch of shots.

Italy,

Austria,

Estonia, Lithuania,

Luxembourg, and Latvia

Interesting watching this story play out with no skin in the game for now..

Top of this post says PRECAUTIONARY

by the way I've still got flatulence

Someone got killed by a car in town this morning I'm campaigning to have them banned. 

Will you join me please

• Like 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, intrepid said:

Well sense this thread has moved off topic from "a new possible medication to treat covid",  (and I don't mind), how about a little more fuel for the fire?

From the news two days ago. 

Former top State Dept investigator says COVID-19 outbreak may have resulted from bioweapons research accident

https://www.foxnews.com/world/top-state-official-coronavirus-bioweapon-accident

Not this old turkey AGAIN!!!!

This was dismissed as b,,,,,,it months ago

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic