Jump to content

Shipping tablet with lithium battery


Ronfrew

Recommended Posts

Hi, I want to post two Amazon Fire 8 tablet computers from the UK to family in the Philippines but because they contain lithium batteries Royal Mail and DHL say they can’t ship them, is there anyway I can send them or is it just not possible due to Philippines customs restrictions?

Regards, Ron

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Support

Use a Balikbayan box to ship them.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Support
4 hours ago, Ronfrew said:

I want to post two Amazon Fire 8 tablet computers from the UK to family in the Philippines but because they contain lithium batteries Royal Mail and DHL say they can’t ship them

I wonder how it is possible that I can order them online and have them shipped via post if the post office won't handle them.  But that is just a meandering thought.  Old55 has the right answer.  Balikbayan box!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks guys for replying, I enquired at UK Royal Mail and DHL they both emailed back to state they do not ship items with lithium batteries but it might be different rules for commercial shippers or other countries.

You suggest using a Bakikbayan box, I looked into that ages ago as I send stuff to my family several times a year but I was told back then that only Philippine nationals are permitted to send Balikpapan boxes and I am Scottish.

regards, ron

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ronfrew said:

You suggest using a Bakikbayan box, I looked into that ages ago as I send stuff to my family several times a year but I was told back then that only Philippine nationals are permitted to send Balikpapan boxes and I am Scottish.

Everyone ships Balikbayan boxes so not sure who gave you that info.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Ronfrew said:

Hi, I want to post two Amazon Fire 8 tablet computers from the UK to family in the Philippines but because they contain lithium batteries Royal Mail and DHL say they can’t ship them, is there anyway I can send them or is it just not possible due to Philippines customs restrictions?

Regards, Ron

Can you use fedex ?

https://www.fedex.com/en-ph/shipping-guide/pack/lithium-batteries.html

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Support

You already purchased them?  If not, you can order from Lazada and they will deliver.   4182 peso plus delivery charge of 41.50 peso.

image.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Ronfrew said:

Thanks guys for replying, I enquired at UK Royal Mail and DHL they both emailed back to state they do not ship items with lithium batteries but it might be different rules for commercial shippers or other countries.

You suggest using a Bakikbayan box, I looked into that ages ago as I send stuff to my family several times a year but I was told back then that only Philippine nationals are permitted to send Balikpapan boxes and I am Scottish.

regards, ron

 

I suppose individuals are more of a security risk than companies hence online stores can send with no problem but you cannot.  However, you can send via Balikbayan but as you're not a Filipino you won't get the tax and duty-free benefits.  Do you know any Filpinos there who can help you out?

7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Everyone ships Balikbayan boxes so not sure who gave you that info.

Anyone can send but only Filipino nationals can avail of the preferential tax and duty-free privileges. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Support
46 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I suppose individuals are more of a security risk than companies hence online stores can send with no problem but you cannot.

That would make sense except that just last week I bought one on Ebay . . delivered by mail . . . from an individual selling on Ebay.  Hmmm  Maybe they don't ask don't tell.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Maybe they don't ask don't tell.

Not the worst philosophy to have to get by here. Or anywhere else for that matter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...