Building a Bungalow with Zero CHB`s.

fred
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, hk blues said:

but isn't it expensive and more time consuming?

Not according to our accounts.

Costs are similar per sqr meter than the normal standard construction CHB chaos here.
Much quicker,far more efficient, easier and a more enjoyable project to manage for me personally.

11 hours ago, hk blues said:

I'm a bit confused since I  thought the purpose of metal stud wall and hardiflex was to avoid all the concrete fill.

No. It`s to obtain a straight solid wall that avoids the use of hollow blocks,2 coats of cement render, applying nutralizer,face filling all surfaces with skim coat as they do here with a 3"filling blade  , Sanding it all down , priming and painting.
If you have ever project managed a local construction site here you would understand!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

fred
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

how is the plumbing and wiring installed?  A guess would be before the concrete filler is added.

All wiring installed after exterior hardiflex fixed. Really fast procedure.
Water line is all high pressure PPR pipe.. The main line is all above ceiling level and runs through wall studs to future outlet positions before pressure tested.. Interior H/F fixed and then cavity is poured and tampered.
What do they do here?? Take a freshly rendered CHB wall and chase out a 1.5 "canal for electrics and water pipe!
Mad.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Fred, did you put any rebar in the walls?

fred
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Fred, did you put any rebar in the walls?

No Mike.

• Hmm thinking 1

fred
Posted
Posted (edited)

Another long standing issue I have with the normal construction process here (for my projects) is how they pour the floor slab and attempt to level large areas with a 12"trowel !!
Before tiling, normally they knock in 2" or 4" concrete nails at each end of the room and stretch a nylon fishing line to these nails to find out just how lopsided the pour and "levelling" was.
The tiling process is expensive in Labour and material costs and takes days or  a week sometimes for what should really be a days work.
In order to cut down on tile adhesive costs by at least half,I showed them a couple of ways to level the floor slab as they were pouring them. 
It worked as all the long tiles went straight down from end to end on a 1/2 thick spread of adhesive.
Nice!!

150255321_778826752723773_3862433388345200172_n (2).jpg

150900175_3578822388852157_6284231131709448072_n.jpg

Edited by fred
  • Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, fred said:

Another long standing issue I have with the normal construction process here (for my projects) is how they pour the floor slab and attempt to level large areas with a 12"trowel !!
Before tiling, normally they knock in 2" or 4" concrete nails at each end of the room to find out just how lopsided the pour and "levelling" was. The tiling process is expensive in Labour and material costs and takes days or  a week sometimes for what should really be a days work.
In order to cut down on tile adhesive costs by at least half,I showed them a couple of ways to level the floor slab as they were pouring them. 
It worked as all the long tiles went straight down from end to end on a 1/2 thick spread of adhesive.
Nice!!

150255321_778826752723773_3862433388345200172_n (2).jpg

150900175_3578822388852157_6284231131709448072_n.jpg

I'm guessing this negates the need for a levelling compound or you just use less?

fred
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

I'm guessing this negates the need for a levelling compound or you just use less?

We must have 10 large Hardware stores in our Province.. None have Acrylic based levelling compound !
I may have found it on Lazada once but the price probably put me off that idea!

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 3/19/2021 at 11:02 AM, fred said:

Perhaps I`ll order his invention from him if he delivers to the R.P and give it a try one day.

How hard would it be to make it yourself? Just a bit of metal, bend the ends and cut some groves. 

fred
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

How hard would it be to make it yourself? Just a bit of metal, bend the ends and cut some groves. 

Personally I would much rather give credit to the inventor by buying his product directly.