Building a Bungalow with Zero CHB`s.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Has anyone used these (or a variation)?   The wedges pull the tiles flush, when dry the white portion snaps off below the tile surface.  At 70, my tiling days are over but I think I may buy some for the workers on the next CR remodel.  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsGyWm3CBpewmxJ6hjurs

fred
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Has anyone used these (or a variation)?   The wedges pull the tiles flush, when dry the white portion snaps off below the tile surface.  At 70, my tiling days are over but I think I may buy some for the workers on the next CR remodel.  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsGyWm3CBpewmxJ6hjurs

Mike. If you look back at the tile pics I posted you will see we used a variation of the wedge system. 
The main difference with the system we used is that they are reusable again and again.
We also use them for wall tiles.

20190524153644_57952.jpg

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, fred said:

Mike. If you look back at the tile pics I posted you will see we used a variation of the wedge system. 
The main difference with the system we used is that they are reusable again and again.
We also use them for wall tiles.

20190524153644_57952.jpg

Are those left in place while the adhesive sets up or used to level then pulled while adhesive still workable?   Looks like the wire end would break off if the adhesive has cured. 

fred
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Are those left in place while the adhesive sets up or used to level then pulled while adhesive still workable?   Looks like the wire end would break off if the adhesive has cured. 

They come with spacers which is larger than the wire tile lifter.. We leave them in place for about 10 minutes,then loosen,twist and pull out.. If your adhesive mix is good the tiles do not move.
Worked good for us.

• Thanks 1