Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Forum Support

Has anyone used these (or a variation)?   The wedges pull the tiles flush, when dry the white portion snaps off below the tile surface.  At 70, my tiling days are over but I think I may buy some for the workers on the next CR remodel.  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsGyWm3CBpewmxJ6hjurs

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Running out of pics now so to bring you up to where we are now and I`ll cut to the chase.. The balcony runs on the front elevation, the side and the back and its about 2.5 meters wide. Today has b

Then we clad the studs with 1/4" hardiflex on the exterior only (4ft high-8Ft long).. All screw holes countersunk so screwhead can be filled over flush. All electric wire threaded in flexible orange

All good questions.. When I show you a bit later how the bungalow is designed you will soon realize why the walls will never get wet or be exposed to heat from the sun. So no need for insulation IMO

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Has anyone used these (or a variation)?   The wedges pull the tiles flush, when dry the white portion snaps off below the tile surface.  At 70, my tiling days are over but I think I may buy some for the workers on the next CR remodel.  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsGyWm3CBpewmxJ6hjurs

Mike. If you look back at the tile pics I posted you will see we used a variation of the wedge system. 
The main difference with the system we used is that they are reusable again and again.
We also use them for wall tiles.

20190524153644_57952.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Support
26 minutes ago, fred said:

Mike. If you look back at the tile pics I posted you will see we used a variation of the wedge system. 
The main difference with the system we used is that they are reusable again and again.
We also use them for wall tiles.

20190524153644_57952.jpg

Are those left in place while the adhesive sets up or used to level then pulled while adhesive still workable?   Looks like the wire end would break off if the adhesive has cured. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Are those left in place while the adhesive sets up or used to level then pulled while adhesive still workable?   Looks like the wire end would break off if the adhesive has cured. 

They come with spacers which is larger than the wire tile lifter.. We leave them in place for about 10 minutes,then loosen,twist and pull out.. If your adhesive mix is good the tiles do not move.
Worked good for us.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...