THIRD STIMULUS CHECK

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Received direct deposit today $1400 x 3.    All money is a help but it will be paid back one way or another in the future by ???

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 3/15/2021 at 11:19 AM, Mike J said:

Too much income is DEFINATELY not the problem.  I did receive the "notice" that the first check had been "sent" here to the Phillipines.  The notice arrived about six months after it was dated.   The check(s) have never arrived.  Notified the government via fax form in Novembers, no reply.  Hopefully when I file taxes it will be resolved.   But . . . like I said earlier, I will not be holding my breath.  :whistling:

You are lucky.  At least you can get the tax credit.  Why do you have doubts about that?  It is a simple calculation on the tax form where it ask if you got the first, got the second, how much.  I see no reason why you would not get it.

Unlike me.  I got screwed.  Didn't get the first and my 2020 income is too high to claim the credit.  One time income boost due to sale of my house.  Like you, they mailed the second to the Philippines, on Jan. 6th.  Still waiting.    Third, nothing on Get My Payment yet.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

We received our stimulus. It was deposited yesterday.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 3/15/2021 at 11:19 AM, Mike J said:

Too much income is DEFINATELY not the problem.  I did receive the "notice" that the first check had been "sent" here to the Phillipines.  The notice arrived about six months after it was dated.   The check(s) have never arrived.  Notified the government via fax form in Novembers, no reply.  Hopefully when I file taxes it will be resolved.   But . . . like I said earlier, I will not be holding my breath.  :whistling:

On 3/18/2021 at 12:20 AM, OnMyWay said:

You are lucky.  At least you can get the tax credit.  Why do you have doubts about that?  It is a simple calculation on the tax form where it ask if you got the first, got the second, how much.  I see no reason why you would not get it.

Unlike me.  I got screwed.  Didn't get the first and my 2020 income is too high to claim the credit.  One time income boost due to sale of my house.  Like you, they mailed the second to the Philippines, on Jan. 6th.  Still waiting.    Third, nothing on Get My Payment yet.

Mike, there may be hope.  Today I received the 3rd stimulus by direct deposit.  The 2nd they mailed into never never land and now the 3rd by DD.  Go figure, but at least I got something.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Mike, there may be hope.  Today I received the 3rd stimulus by direct deposit.  The 2nd they mailed into never never land and now the 3rd by DD.  Go figure, but at least I got something.

My first payment was a snail mail check. No problem with depositing it using my mail handler. I think it was three months or longer after the announcements were made.

Second payment was a debit card sent to my handler. A bit of a hassle, but I was able to cash it out after a few days.

Third payment received yesterday by direct deposit. They certainly are doing things strangely, but all is well in the end here.

• Like 4

Reboot
Posted
Posted

You lucky bastards. All Uncle Sam sends me are tax bills, not stimulus checks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

I am not sure what the future economic impact will be from the stimulus money.  Just glad it went to me, and others like me, to spend.  Better than having politicians explain through their press releases how they are using it for wonderful projects in their home states like statues for town plazas honoring local citizens you absolutely don't know.

• Like 4

Explorer
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JJReyes said:

I am not sure what the future economic impact will be from the stimulus money.  Just glad it went to me, and others like me, to spend.  Better than having politicians explain through their press releases how they are using it for wonderful projects in their home states like statues for town plazas honoring local citizens you absolutely don't know.

Printing money from thin air is causing inflation, reducing purchasing power and making all of us poorer. I took my $1400 check and invested all of it in bitcoin, as of today my stimulus check grew to almost $1600. 

Edited by Explorer
  • Hmm thinking 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, Explorer said:

Printing money from thin air is causing inflation, reducing purchasing power and making all of us poorer. I took my $1400 check and invested all of it in bitcoin, as of today my stimulus check grew to almost $1600. 

Printing money causes inflation, but the problem facing the world is everyone is doing the same thing at the same time.  As the bubble continues to grow, it will get pricked and cause a global depression.  The speed of computers means that you might wake up one morning and find the value of currencies worldwide has been wipeout.  Some are betting bitcoin will be the replacement.  I seriously doubt it because bitcoins are just binary codes created by computers.  They are very easy to manipulate.

After the collapse, governments will meet to create a universal currency as a standard value.  This was attempted after World War II by the Bretton Woods Agreement using the United States Dollar as the fiat currency.  It worked for a time until President Richard Nixon decided to do away with the gold standard so his government can print money.  

Personally, I have taken defensive positions to assure we have sufficient resources in the event of a financial disaster. 

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

Boomer speak: "I am taking a defensive position for just in case I live long enough to survive what our policies will do to every generation that came after us." COVID-19 wasn't engineered well enough.

Edited by Reboot