THIRD STIMULUS CHECK

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

The stimulus checks were unique and there is always a big push to get them in peoples hands immediately. 

Seems the push was not hard enough then :wink:

4 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Normally, diplomatic mail pouches are sent by express carriers like DHL.

Lordy, Lordy that should never Happen Dip bags should always have a man attached to the end of the Chain, now there is food for thought, any bags missing? they normally have a security tag Number:89:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Seems the push was not hard enough then :wink:

Lordy, Lordy that should never Happen Dip bags should always have a man attached to the end of the Chain, now there is food for thought, any bags missing? they normally have a security tag Number:89:

It would be very rare to have diplomatic materials sent by a hand carry courier.  Those would have to be especially sensitive.

The vast majority of U.S. diplomatic mail sent back and forth between the the U.S. and foreign embassies is sent in giant secure bags with the express carriers.  Prior to 1980s, those were sent by US mail connecting to foreign mail systems.  These bags contain all kinds of embassy work, like passports, visa paperwork, blank forms, anything the embassy needs.  Even Christmas presents!  They are not subject to custom inspections, duties and taxes.  Currently, RAO Subic gets retired military mail included in those pouches, and that is how they offer U.S. mail services at RAO Subic.

Back in the day, DHL would pick these up in Washington DC twice a week, thousands of pounds, going all over the world.  I'm not sure who has the contract now, but DHL invented the service and sold it to USG in the late 70's or early 80's.

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Can you check?

Ours was dated 6 January 2021, it also says that it is valid for 1 year.

So I guess we report it on next years taxes:89:

baronapart
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, scott h said:

Not taxable. Just think of it as an extra refund.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
On 3/30/2021 at 6:18 PM, Explorer said:

Printing money from thin air is causing inflation, reducing purchasing power and making all of us poorer. I took my $1400 check and invested all of it in bitcoin, as of today my stimulus check grew to almost $1600. 

I have a massive stack of silver I bought at $14.75 per ounce. It's still there when the lights go out.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I had given up on that second stimulus, but I have some hope now!

I'm sure there coming, a youtube video from Thailand probably 2 weeks ago showed that person receive his second so just takes time.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, scott h said:

That is good news!  Mine was supposed to be mailed on the 6th, so after it takes a few more rounds of Manila, it should arrive here in the next month!

If you already did your 2020 taxes and took the credit for it, you will need to pay it back next year, I believe.

• 2 weeks later...
gerrysanders
Posted
Posted
On 4/6/2021 at 3:53 PM, OnMyWay said:

That is good news!  Mine was supposed to be mailed on the 6th, so after it takes a few more rounds of Manila, it should arrive here in the next month!

If you already did your 2020 taxes and took the credit for it, you will need to pay it back next year, I believe.

Somewhere, and I can't remember where, I read If you receive stimulas you weren't supposed to get, you don't have to pay it back.

Maybe there is truth to that???

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 4/6/2021 at 6:03 PM, scott h said:

It's been two weeks and I still don't have mine.  Can you go over to the Embassy and ask them about it?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, OnMyWay said:

It's been two weeks and I still don't have mine.  Can you go over to the Embassy and ask them about it?

OUCH.jpg