THIRD STIMULUS CHECK

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Can you go over to the Embassy and ask them about it?

Sure, I'll get right on it :hystery:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, scott h said:

Sure, I'll get right on it :hystery:

By the end of the week, please.  :smile:

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

By the end of the week, please.

Just to let you know, I recieved another letter from the IRS today. This one dated 18 Feb 21. It was to inform me that a check had been mailed to my addy on my 2019 tax return.

If I had not gotten it I was to go to "get my payment" at IRS.gov/eip or call 800-919-9835, maybe this will help.

Oh, they started a new vehicle coding scheme here, it goes by week and I am coded till next week, sorry :boohoo: 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 4/20/2021 at 7:00 PM, scott h said:

Just to let you know, I recieved another letter from the IRS today. This one dated 18 Feb 21. It was to inform me that a check had been mailed to my addy on my 2019 tax return.

If I had not gotten it I was to go to "get my payment" at IRS.gov/eip or call 800-919-9835, maybe this will help.

Oh, they started a new vehicle coding scheme here, it goes by week and I am coded till next week, sorry :boohoo: 

I got the letter and the check today!  The check came from the embassy and the letter from the U.S.

The letter, dated February 5,  appears to have arrived in the Philippines on March 30.

The check appears to have been mailed from the embassy on March 25th, and arrived at the Subic Freeport post office on April 18th.  How embarrassing the mail system is here.

Now I have to figure out how to deposit the check.  The check is made out to me and my wife, but using her former last name.  This is how we filed our 2019 taxes because her ITIN has that last name. My Chase Bank account in the U.S. is not a joint account, so fingers crossed that they will accept it by mobile deposit.

Funny how they won't give her a payment due to her having an ITIN but they put her name on the check which is for my 2 kids and I.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

The check came from the embassy

Hmm if Australia sent it it would be a cheque but since the US sent it;  well its a check. :smile:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Hmm if Australia sent it it would be a cheque but since the US sent it;  well its a check. :smile:

Interesting.  We spell it cheque in Canada but I thought that was because so many of our words have been Frenchified to please the Quebecers.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Now I have to figure out how to deposit the check.

:thumbsup: Good things come to those who wait (stupid saying :hystery:)

We just deposited at our Phil bank like we do with all our payments. Good news is that instead of the normal 30 clearance, our bank said since it was a treasury check it would only take 15 days to clear.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

And in the Czech Republic??

• Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

:thumbsup: Good things come to those who wait (stupid saying :hystery:)

We just deposited at our Phil bank like we do with all our payments. Good news is that instead of the normal 30 clearance, our bank said since it was a treasury check it would only take 15 days to clear.

Which bank was that?  I think my BPI branch is strict. 

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Which bank was that?

we deal with PNB

• Like 1