Covid 19 Economic Logic

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, fred said:

14 months of this nonsense thus far and no signs of increase of either in our area which is a huge tribute to the local people I think.
The huge developments that you speak of, I believe are going ahead because  these organizations were already in too deep in regards contractual and financial commitments to be able to postpone the projects . I`d say the level of risk on their end has risen big time.
Who knows how this will all pan out?
I have no crystal ball,thats for sure but perhaps the good times are gone forever..Perhaps this is the top of a huge down spiral.
I dont think that the elite or oligarchs  here really care.. They are all right Jack!

OK, I can see the logic of that. Yes, Boholanos seem to be more upright than than they are in Cebu, for example.

There is an upside to limited tourism. Wouldn't want DP Island to become even more like Boracay- at least I wouldn't. Overdevelopment, more trash and higher prices could ruin it for me.

Explorer
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Guy F. said:

There is an upside to limited tourism. Wouldn't want DP Island to become even more like Boracay- at least I wouldn't. Overdevelopment, more trash and higher prices could ruin it for me.

Unfortunately not everybody in the Philippines is living off fat pension check from a first world country.

"At least 1,250, or one-fourth, of the country’s 5,000 corporations were struggling to stay afloat amid the pandemic-induced recession, requiring up to P625 billion in government funding support to save at least 6.3 million jobs."

https://business.inquirer.net/319637/p625b-needed-to-keep-1250-firms-6-3m-jobs-alive-senate-told

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The agreed government solution to the increase of Covid-19 cases is to lockdown the country except for 1,500 arrivals per day, mostly returning OFW workers.  This is suppose to last 30 days.  I have to remain dispassionate about it after being considered part of the problem (wanting to visit) instead of the solution (spending my retirement money) in the Philippines.  Let's see if the number of new Covid-19 cases increases or decreases during the next month.  

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Guy F. said:

OK, I can see the logic of that. Yes, Boholanos seem to be more upright than than they are in Cebu, for example.

As someone who lives on Boracay and has been to DP a few times I can safely say Boracay wins hands down. Less trash and lower prices than many places I have been to.  In my partners Province fruit, veg and meat is between 50% and over 100% more expensive. 

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic