Great Facebook Page for Province Travel Restrictions

DaveB
Posted
Posted (edited)

It's been mentioned elsewhere that sometimes the best, most up to date info from the government is on Facebook (God knows website maintenance is sketchy).

So...maybe this link has been posted before somewhere, but thought I'd stick it here as I just got it from my Subic friend Dex (OnMyWay knows who I mean).  It's the nicest, most concise list I've come across.

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=886871492164049&id=100025236201389

Usual caveats: this stuff changes every 10 minutes, so recognize this is a snapshot in time.  Hopefully, being Facebook, they keep it moderately up to date, but use it as a starting point.  The other quirk I encounter all too often: you never know what the guy on the ground manning the checkpoint actually knows.  For example, I've heard that the checkpoint going out of Subic Freeport into Morong in Bataan is picky and hardnosed, but the one coming down from Floridabanca is casual and waves you through - depending on the day.  So always do some last minute homework.  But this is a tidy start point, nicely bundled in one place.

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
Fixed URL

DaveB
Posted
Posted

OK...I tested firing this URL from the Forum and get a Facebook error message.  I've triple checked it.  It works fine from my phone, so not sure what the disconnect is, but just suffer through typing into your browser and it should work.  If not, y'all can call me bad names.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I've pretty much given up on any internet information as we all know it changes every 5 minutes. I saw a similar link a few weeks back and already it was out of date.  Even physically visiting various offices like the Barangay and Mayors Office I get conflicting information.  I'm on the unfortunate position  where I live on an island and the ports and jetty at times bring their own rules in but don't inform anyone until they arrive for a ticket. 

A perfect example being Batangas Ferry Port.  A National directive came out pretty much telling them to let passengers on with a swab or saliva test to go to Aklan, my partner arrived at the port, bought a ticket at the 2go booking booth and went inside the terminal and handed her ticket to the reception desk.  They refused to let her board without the latest Q Code even though it isn't a requirement. Even the ticket booth never knew about the reception desk rules and it's the same company and only 50m apart. 

2hrs later she got an updated Q Code and boarded slightly pissed off.  She arrived at Caticlan where the rules state she needs an ID for Boracay and a swab test result. I confirmed 3 times at the Barangay and a further once at the Mayors Office and also with the tourist board that this was the only requirement, to be assured it was. Cagban jetty port refused to let her inside as they decided she needs Barangay clearance and acceptance from the Mayors Office, by now she was in tears and threatening to head back to the Province.  They had taken it upon themselves to impose their own rules.

• Like 2

DaveB
Posted
Posted

Note in the subject list...it has that caveat that says the equivalent of "this is what the national rules say, but local LGUs can do what they want".  In that regard, it was a decent snapshot of just what the local LGUs are all doing different.  

Having said all that, and in the spirit of "wait 10 minutes, it will change": an hour after the above initial post, Pampanga province announced a 17 day strict lock down.  In classic government fashion, they announced it about 5:00 this afternoon, to be effective tomorrow morning, so tough luck if you wanted to stock up on provisions.  This looks like an attempt to preclude the Easter gatherings.  They did the same thing over the Christmas/New Years holidays.  For the next couple weeks, only one person in the household, between the ages of 18 and 61, can go out to do things like a market run.

All I can do with this stuff is shake my head, have a chuckle, and go with the flow.  I used to look at some amazing things I see in Philippines (from an Occidental's viewpoint, of course), and just say "well...I'm not in Kansas any more".  Then I coined a little acronym.  Now I see something that causes the head shake and the chuckle and say FCF.  Stands for Filipino Cluster F***.  (hope that doesn't offend anyone).  It's really fascinating how it seems to apply to something every day.

What the hell...I'm still glad I moved here.  I'm never bored, and often amazed.  It's all part of the adventure.  Party on...

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

Now running countries....  :no:

Clowns on vehicle.jpg

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I've pretty much given up on any internet information as we all know it changes every 5 minutes. I saw a similar link a few weeks back and already it was out of date.  Even physically visiting various offices like the Barangay and Mayors Office I get conflicting information.  I'm on the unfortunate position  where I live on an island and the ports and jetty at times bring their own rules in but don't inform anyone until they arrive for a ticket. 

I think if you are going to travel one should search for what the latest LGU rules are, print them out and carry with you. Better than nothing when arguing with people at ports etc.

• Hmm thinking 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I think if you are going to travel one should search for what the latest LGU rules are, print them out and carry with you. Better than nothing when arguing with people at ports etc.

Been there twice and pretty much told " our rules. " The first time my partner actually missed her boat as they refused to let her board for not having Barangay acceptance even though she had a letter stating it's not required. 

They wouldn't even let her wait in the terminal. Luckily another family was there and they stayed together under a shop doorway until the Barangay office opened the following day. 

A few workers from Manila and also a pregnant woman was also refused.  She hadn't eaten for two days as she had spent the last of her money on a ticket but was refused boarding and couldn't afford another ticket.  Zero human compassion shown to her. 

As an add on I had even printed out the rules for travel from the 2Go website but she was informed it was new rules and the website was out of date.  They don't answer their phones so the only way to find out was to turn up in person.  To make it worse she had taken a boat from Calapan in Mindoro to catch the ferry from Batangas to Boracay.  The Governor of Mindoro had produced an executive order saying residents can return to the island within 24hrs and not undergo any testing. I told her just to get a boat home and we would sort the paperwork next morning and she could catch the 11pm ferry that night to Boracay but at least sleep in a bed.  The ferry port refused to sell her a ticket back to Calapan without medical clearance as it was " their rules." 

Edited by Snowy79
Add on information
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Been there twice and pretty much told " our rules. " The first time my partner actually missed her boat as they refused to let her board for not having Barangay acceptance even though she had a letter stating it's not required. 

They wouldn't even let her wait in the terminal. Luckily another family was there and they stayed together under a shop doorway until the Barangay office opened the following day. 

A few workers from Manila and also a pregnant woman was also refused.  She hadn't eaten for two days as she had spent the last of her money on a ticket but was refused boarding and couldn't afford another ticket.  Zero human compassion shown to her. 

As an add on I had even printed out the rules for travel from the 2Go website but she was informed it was new rules and the website was out of date.  They don't answer their phones so the only way to find out was to turn up in person.  To make it worse she had taken a boat from Calapan in Mindoro to catch the ferry from Batangas to Boracay.  The Governor of Mindoro had produced an executive order saying residents can return to the island within 24hrs and not undergo any testing. I told her just to get a boat home and we would sort the paperwork next morning and she could catch the 11pm ferry that night to Boracay but at least sleep in a bed.  The ferry port refused to sell her a ticket back to Calapan without medical clearance as it was " their rules." 

Give a Filipino some power often tyranny and stupid are the result. We hope your wife gets home quickly and safely. If it were my wife I'd be very angry. Snowy, I'm amazed at your composure hang in there.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Give a Filipino some power often tyranny and stupid are the result. We hope your wife gets home quickly and safely. If it were my wife I'd be very angry. Snowy, I'm amazed at your composure hang in there.

It certainly is that way here.  Sometimes I've used the poor organisation to my advantage though.  If I'm refused something I'll wait until another person is behind the counter and try my luck again.  A few times I've struck lucky but it is in the minority.  My drivers licence, Barangay ID and opening a local bank account being perfect examples.  Others I know have used the same offices and been refused.

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic