New member moving to Philippines questions

warwick
Posted
Posted

Hi everyone. I am Australian on the old age pension  about $400 PER WEEK WITH ABIUT $10,000 IN THE BANK .AM 70 YEARS OLD IN REASONABLE SHAPE  Tired of struggling here wondering if tthe Phillipines is for me.Help welcomed and best areas appreciated

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum Warwick.

Your income may be enough for a modest lifestyle depending on your needs. One person may get by on 50K Pesos a month another person may need much more. Have you visited Philippines?

• Like 2

Balisidar
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum.  I'm sure you're aware that the Philippines is pretty much locked down right now due to covid.  Most of us here have ties to the Philippines through spouse, family etc.

I guess we should know more about what you're looking for as far as lifestyle, living conditions etc.  Also read prior entries on this same topic.  Question: Why the Philippines?

Again, welcome.😀

• Like 2

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=Philippines&country2=Australia&city1=Iloilo&city2=Newcastle&tracking=getDispatchComparison

Hello mate,

Maybe this will give you an idea of the cost of living comparison between Newcaste, Australia and Iloilo, Philippines.

I picked out a decent city in the Central Visayas region since I would not recommend Manila to anyone, and am familiar with this place amongst other smaller regional capitals.

Hope it is of some economic use, among the many other factors you would have to deal with if  considering relocation.

• Like 4

Detlef Graupner
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, manofthecoldland said:

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=Philippines&country2=Australia&city1=Iloilo&city2=Newcastle&tracking=getDispatchComparison

Hallo Kollege,

Vielleicht gibt Ihnen dies eine Vorstellung von den Lebenshaltungskosten im Vergleich zwischen Newcaste, Australien und Iloilo, Philippinen.

Ich habe mir eine anständige Stadt in der Region Central Visayas ausgesucht, da ich Manila niemandem empfehlen würde, und kenne diesen Ort unter anderen kleineren regionalen Hauptstädten.

Ich hoffe, es ist von wirtschaftlichem Nutzen, neben den vielen anderen Faktoren, mit denen Sie sich befassen müssten, wenn Sie einen Umzug in Betracht ziehen.

Danke für dir Mühe

• Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, manofthecoldland said:

Hello mate,

Maybe this will give you an idea of the cost of living comparison between Newcaste, Australia and Iloilo, Philippines.

I picked out a decent city in the Central Visayas region since I would not recommend Manila to anyone, and am familiar with this place amongst other smaller regional capitals.

Hope it is of some economic use, among the many other factors you would have to deal with if  considering relocation.

I can confirm the prices for Iloilo are spot on.  I will also add that Iloilo is not the worst choice to locate oneself here if you are not looking for an extensive ex-pat community. 

A monthly budget of 50,000php for a single guy here WHO ISN"T LIVING THE HIGH LIFE AND PLAYING THE DATING GAME is about enough.  

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Detlef Graupner said:

Danke für dir Mühe

English please

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, warwick said:

I am Australian on the old age pension

Are you sure you can leave the country and bring your pension with you?

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Are you sure you can leave the country and bring your pension with you?

If he lived in Australia for 35 years after the age of 16, his pension won't change.  If it was 34 years, he'll receive 34/35ths, if it was 16 years, he'll receive 16/35ths etc.  I'm not sure about the various little add-ons though, energy supplement etc. 

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Detlef Graupner said:

Danke für dir Mühe

Welcome to the forum Detlef. Please feel free to post in a new topic and introduce yourself we would like to know more about you. :tiphat:

Although we have members from many countries some who speak other than English (Scotts and Welsh in particular)  the forum posts are to be in English in order for everyone to understand. 

• Haha 1