Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, scott h said:

Our general plan now, if the US news and politicians are to be believed :whistling: and the jabs are widely to be available in June we would travel to the states for our delayed visit and get poked. 

Our only caveat would be if there are still quarantine requirements upon return to the Philippines, even if you have proof of vaccination. If that is the case we will just wait. 

Keep an eye for local news.  Because each state is permitted to determine who and when someone can receive the vaccine, eligibility is all over the place.  For residents of Alaska and New Mexico, anyone above a certain age can get it.  California is a little crazy.  State officials have established guidelines; which some counties decided to modify; which local health clinics again modified.  Friends found an agricultural area in San Diego County offering appointments for the J&J vaccine.  The area received a huge allocation because they don't know how many undocumented laborers would want it.  (Sounds stupid to think these agricultural workers would make online appointments.)  So the friends made appointments, drove one hour and got the vaccine.  The other way is to wait around vaccination centers.  Towards the end of the day, any unused vaccines are given on a first come, first serve basis.  No questions asked.

With more than two million Americans getting vaccinated (first or second dose) everyday, countries are under economic pressure to restart their visitor industry.  We have a nearly 3 months trip to Ecuador.  The good news this morning is we don't need the PCR test.  Our CDC vaccination card is now accepted as proof of vaccination.  Iceland made a similar announcement.  Hopefully, by the time you return to the Philippines, a digital or paper vaccination card will approved by authorities.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow, a couple weeks after my 2nd shot, I developed this severe aliment that affects my motor skills. I can't do the dishes, vacuum the house or take out the trash.  I'm dying here.  Pray for me,

Got my 2nd shot of the Pfizer vaccine.  No side effects, other that local soreness.  I will plan to vaccinate the rest of my family ASAP and will continue to wear a mask, enforce personal hygiene and

I've already had my first Astra Zeneca shot and I'm going back for my second when my appointment arrives. Yes there is a link to increased risk of blood clots (and that is very dangerous if it ha

Posted Images

11 hours ago, JJReyes said:

 

Congregate living and nursing homes were given the same priority as healthcare providers for the vaccine.  The number of deaths attribute to Covid-19 have dropped to near zero.  Yes.  The vaccines work.

We had similar figures in the UK where patients with Covid were released from hospital back into care homes where Covid spread and accounted for a large proportion of deaths. 

Since then they put a stop to this practice, banned visitors even family and issued full PPE and improved practices for the staff. The number of deaths dropped drasticaly and was continuing to drop before a single vaccine was given. 

Just playing Devil's Advocate but in the time the UK had over 16,000 residents dying of Covid Germany had less than 3,000 again before a single vaccine was issued.  In England they started the vaccination of care home residents in December and in late January Covid deaths had risen massively, not attributed to the vaccine I'll add. 

Purely looking at it as an outsider I'd say practices have made a massive difference to death rates as that has been 100% proven in almost all arenas to reduce the spread of Covid and thus the number of casualties. Also treatments have improved and the weakest have already been removed from the equation so you'd naturaly expect to see numbers falling.

Again purely using life's experiences I think some people are now letting standards slip as they think they are now immune and this has led to a large increase in deaths.  Certainly numbers are way up now in the UK.  Here's link to a so called reputable fact check site.  Wonder if it's replicated elsewhere.  

https://fullfact.org/online/care-home-deaths-2021/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Clermont said:

I hope thing will improve by Christmas too, I'll admit I was one of those cynical people knocking Sputnik and Chinses vaccine, but to date I haven't heard of any adverse reaction to them, maybe politics clouded the reasoning and science might be swaying my judgement as it should. :thumbsup:

Yes you were and another member criticize my post last year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

We had similar figures in the UK where patients with Covid were released from hospital back into care homes where Covid spread and accounted for a large proportion of deaths. 

Since then they put a stop to this practice, banned visitors even family and issued full PPE and improved practices for the staff. The number of deaths dropped drasticaly and was continuing to drop before a single vaccine was given. 

Just playing Devil's Advocate but in the time the UK had over 16,000 residents dying of Covid Germany had less than 3,000 again before a single vaccine was issued.  In England they started the vaccination of care home residents in December and in late January Covid deaths had risen massively, not attributed to the vaccine I'll add. 

Purely looking at it as an outsider I'd say practices have made a massive difference to death rates as that has been 100% proven in almost all arenas to reduce the spread of Covid and thus the number of casualties. Also treatments have improved and the weakest have already been removed from the equation so you'd naturaly expect to see numbers falling.

Again purely using life's experiences I think some people are now letting standards slip as they think they are now immune and this has led to a large increase in deaths.  Certainly numbers are way up now in the UK.  Here's link to a so called reputable fact check site.  Wonder if it's replicated elsewhere.  

https://fullfact.org/online/care-home-deaths-2021/

 

A year ago, the health industry was in a state of confusion.  There was a realization among medical professionals that Covid-19 had the potential of becoming another Spanish Flu, a global pandemic.  One solution to prevent spread was a global shutdown without considering the economic consequence.  There is still confusion, but much less.  As you stated, treatments have improved which reduces hospital time and the number of deaths.  Vaccines, along with preventive measures like face masks, will contribute to the reduction of new cases.  

There are always going to be naysayers.  Look at the numbers enjoying spring break in Florida.  They have no consideration for their own safety and others.  I have also come across some really funny stories from the naysayer group.  A woman entered a store and was informed she had to wear a mask.  She removed her panties and used it to cover her mouth and nose.  Sorry, Jake.  The picture showed her to be old, fat and ugly.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites



AstraZeneca takes $6m hit after 'faking conferences' to bribe doctors

straZeneca today coughed up $5.5 million (£4.2 million) to settle a highly embarrassing foreign bribery probe, amid claims that the British pharma giant faked conferences and offered gifts to local doctors in Russia and China who bought its drugs.

Britain’s number two drugmaker — one of the biggest international pharma firms in China, with 45,000 staff — falsely recorded improper payments in China and Russia as bona fide business expenses, the US Securities and Exchange Commission said. Some bribery allegations go back as far as 2005, with AstraZeneca said to have made “improper payments of gifts, conference support, travel, cash and other benefits” mainly to Chinese and Russian state medical workers “to reward or influence” their purchases of its drugs.

The SEC claims AstraZeneca set up bank accounts in doctors’ names, hired a “collusive travel vendor” who submitted fake or inflated invoices to generate cash to funnel money, and “totally fabricated” conferences to pay out speaker fees despite there being “no meeting date, venue, [nor] subject”.

 

Some employees at AstraZeneca in China also paid cash to local officials to reduce or avoid local fines, and even created written charts and schedules about predicted or actual bribe payments, the SEC said.

https://www.standard.co.uk/business/astrazeneca-takes-6m-hit-after-faking-conferences-to-bribe-doctors-a3333166.html?fbclid=IwAR3rv-q_cpnNfVoLkq8vfrynuOBNIgaezNN2GFpVqMjf6sKD_hiRrMmG08k

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, fred said:



AstraZeneca takes $6m hit after 'faking conferences' to bribe doctors

straZeneca today coughed up $5.5 million (£4.2 million) to settle a highly embarrassing foreign bribery probe, amid claims that the British pharma giant faked conferences and offered gifts to local doctors in Russia and China who bought its drugs.

Britain’s number two drugmaker — one of the biggest international pharma firms in China, with 45,000 staff — falsely recorded improper payments in China and Russia as bona fide business expenses, the US Securities and Exchange Commission said. Some bribery allegations go back as far as 2005, with AstraZeneca said to have made “improper payments of gifts, conference support, travel, cash and other benefits” mainly to Chinese and Russian state medical workers “to reward or influence” their purchases of its drugs.

The SEC claims AstraZeneca set up bank accounts in doctors’ names, hired a “collusive travel vendor” who submitted fake or inflated invoices to generate cash to funnel money, and “totally fabricated” conferences to pay out speaker fees despite there being “no meeting date, venue, [nor] subject”.

 

Some employees at AstraZeneca in China also paid cash to local officials to reduce or avoid local fines, and even created written charts and schedules about predicted or actual bribe payments, the SEC said.

https://www.standard.co.uk/business/astrazeneca-takes-6m-hit-after-faking-conferences-to-bribe-doctors-a3333166.html?fbclid=IwAR3rv-q_cpnNfVoLkq8vfrynuOBNIgaezNN2GFpVqMjf6sKD_hiRrMmG08k

Pity they didn't bribe me for taking the jab. I would have accepted it.

Never mind will have to console myself with the fact I'm not going to catch covid

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TerryP said:

Pity they didn't bribe me for taking the jab. I would have accepted it.

Never mind will have to console myself with the fact I'm not going to catch covid


So it`s OK to accept bribes as long as you perceive it being for a valid reason based on your personal beliefs?
Fait enough!
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, fred said:


So it`s OK to accept bribes as long as you perceive it being for a valid reason based on your personal beliefs?
Fait enough!
 

If they're handing the cash out I'll have some. I was having the jab anyway. Would have been a win win situation for me

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, TerryP said:

If they're handing the cash out I'll have some. I was having the jab anyway. Would have been a win win situation for me

 

Agreed.
If the bastards forced me to have it,along with a 6 figure sum, I would comply in a heart beat.
As Human beings we are all going to die sooner than later anyway so might as well go out with a bang!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...