Covovax

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
On 3/27/2021 at 11:24 AM, OnMyWay said:

Not surprisingly, the private sector is more efficient at getting things done.  Did you read about the expiring AZ vaccines?  Apparently, the big batch of AZ vaccines that are here will expire before the 2nd jab can be put in.  I think the gov claimed they could get it done in time, but it is extremely tight.

I am impressed at the organization and professionalism that the SBCC has shown.  Far better than anything coming out of SB Metropolitan Authority.

Companies have a huge incentive to get the jabs in their employees and employees families.  I would imagine that if they can prove that is done, they can return to normal workflow at full capacity.  So, if they pay to vaccinate 100 employees + 4 family members each, that would be p2400 X 500 = p1,200,000, about $25,000.  Small price to pay.

I have been on the fence about getting a vaccine soon.  I'm willing to wait until more guinea pigs get theirs.  I think I I will sign up for this program.  We can opt out later if need be.  I suppose I have to get a vac if I want to travel.  For my kids, I really don't think they need it, but I suppose they will also be forced to get it.

Did you read about the expiring AZ vaccines?  Apparently, the big batch of AZ vaccines that are here will expire before the 2nd jab can be put in.  I think the gov claimed they could get it done in time, but it is extremely tight. 

Yes, OMW I'd heard about that issue here in Cebu. I guess front- liners have been assured that they would get their second dose from the new batch slated to come in.

“If we will not pull out those vaccine shots and give it to other health care workers that have not been inoculated yet like those who work for the infirmaries, temporary treatment facilities, identified quarantine centers, dialysis centers, free-standing laboratories, and molecular laboratories who also belong to the A1 priority list,” Dr. Mary Jean Loreche said in a briefing at the Visayas Vaccines Operations Center (VVOC) on Thursday.

Loreche said pulling out the vaccines is the best thing to do while these can still be administered, pointing out that “our vaccines are very precious right now (that) we cannot waste even a single dose”.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

Did you read about the expiring AZ vaccines?

I really hate to be Miss Negative Nellie, but as the Jab program goes on, I have a sick feeling that this will not be the last time we hear about inefficiency and corruption 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

Did you read about the expiring AZ vaccines?  Apparently, the big batch of AZ vaccines that are here will expire before the 2nd jab can be put in.  I think the gov claimed they could get it done in time, but it is extremely tight. 

Yes, OMW I'd heard about that issue here in Cebu. I guess front- liners have been assured that they would get their second dose from the new batch slated to come in.

“If we will not pull out those vaccine shots and give it to other health care workers that have not been inoculated yet like those who work for the infirmaries, temporary treatment facilities, identified quarantine centers, dialysis centers, free-standing laboratories, and molecular laboratories who also belong to the A1 priority list,” Dr. Mary Jean Loreche said in a briefing at the Visayas Vaccines Operations Center (VVOC) on Thursday.

Loreche said pulling out the vaccines is the best thing to do while these can still be administered, pointing out that “our vaccines are very precious right now (that) we cannot waste even a single dose”.

Why do I often get the feeling a translator was used when reading news stories?  I think I know what they were trying to say, but it was not easy.

Let's hope the second batch arrives on time.  I guess one jab is better than none, right?

31 minutes ago, scott h said:

I really hate to be Miss Negative Nellie, but as the Jab program goes on, I have a sick feeling that this will not be the last time we hear about inefficiency and corruption 

Nelly, put a sock in it! :hystery:  They will get it done, by 2033!

• Haha 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

Why do I often get the feeling a translator was used when reading news stories?  I think I know what they were trying to say, but it was not easy.

Let's hope the second batch arrives on time.  I guess one jab is better than none, right?

Nelly, put a sock in it! :hystery:  They will get it done, by 2033!

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Early on of the government officials stated it would take five years to vaccinate 70 percent of the population.   They may have been optimistic. :whistling:

• Haha 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, scott h said:

What concerns me the most is care of the vaccines. As I understand all have to be maintained at set temperature, hard enough in a western country. Just unable to imagine here how that can be achieved. One person informed me of a report of vaccines being left unattended for hours, when the in charge was quizzed the reply was no problem......Not sure its true how ever very believable.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Mike J said:

Early on of the government officials stated it would take five years to vaccinate 70 percent of the population.   They may have been optimistic. :whistling:

They are going like gangbusters in some areas of the U.S.  I was reading a FB thread about Long Beach, CA, from my friends who live there.  They have drive-up vacs at Long Beach convention center for residents, and now no age limits for adults.  Virtually no line Sunday afternoon; in/out in ~30 minutes due to the paperwork.  And someone said now Walmart/Walgreens/CVS just gives them first come, first served.

The "last mile" is much harder here.  In the U.S., the drive-up vacs are safe and quick.  Not so easy here where the masses don't usually have vehicles.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

And someone said now Walmart/Walgreens/CVS just gives them first come, first served.

That is what we are waiting for, as soon as they are given out on demand, that would be our cue to head to the states for the jab.  The only thing that would hold us up is that if we then have to spend two weeks in a Q hotel on our return....

That and I am now waiting for my acr card renewal to come through:whistling:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, scott h said:

That is what we are waiting for, as soon as they are given out on demand, that would be our cue to head to the states for the jab.  The only thing that would hold us up is that if we then have to spend two weeks in a Q hotel on our return....

That and I am now waiting for my acr card renewal to come through:whistling:

And that would assume your pockets are deep enough to buy a jab(s) for the cost of a round trip airfare plus the other food, lodging, travel, etc. expenses because the jabs are three to twelve weeks apart depending on vaccine.  And hope the Philippines does not change the rules on who can come back while you are away.   And if all that is not worry enough, it appears certain people in the USA are beginning to think it okay to harass and/or assault anyone with Asian features so keep a close watch over your wife. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

I will probably calm down after I have a cup of coffee. :tongue:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

for the cost of a round trip airfare plus the other food, lodging, travel, etc. expenses because the jabs are three to twelve weeks apart depending on vaccine

Well to be honest, we had saved up for a visit last June (we know how that went :hystery:). Have a 3 week credit at a hotel in San Diego (took me 3 months going through the booking agent, hotel and credit card folks to get that taken care of :571c66d400c8c_1(103):) We have a niece there now (nurse naturally :shades:) who is keeping her ear to the ground. My (hopeful) plan is to wait until the J#J one jab shot is ready and widely available. 

My fall back is, it being San Diego with lots of military bases and if we have to extend our stay, to stay on one of the base transient quarters. 3rd option is to bunk in with either my sister, wifes brother and niece, or her other niece. 4th option is to drive 40 miles north to Temecula and crash at Jake's place.......(I like to have breakfast at 0530 Jake,,,get ready :whistling:)

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic