Bottled gas leak detector & safety cutoff switch?

Shady
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 9/8/2018 at 12:14 PM, GeoffH said:

Where in Philippines can I buy an LP tank leak detector safety cutoff in line with your regulator and hose attached to the tank (detects leaks) Is anyone using the much larger tanks for home use? It'd be nice to worry about refills for half a year or so.

Edited and made new topic..... Dan

Edited by Old55
Responding to a three year old topic and off topic

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Shady said:

Where can you buy  these in the PH?

You can buy leak detector/safety cut off gas valves on Lazada, similar ones were also available at the hardware store in CDO sometimes.

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/d-2912-lpg-regulator-with-gauge-automatic-shut-off-safety-pin-for-gas-leak-household-liquified-gas-valve-gas-pressure-reducing-valve-i377308756-s857982038.html?spm=a2o4l.searchlist.list.1.549b33b3gUfzUn&search=1

Edited by Old55
  • Thanks 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Shady, I edited your question and made it into a new topic because it's a good question but would have been lost in that three year topic about another subject. Hope you understand. Going forward it would be helpful to start new topics so others can better answer or learn. :tiphat:

Geoff, did you get this item and if so how is it working out for ya? We may buy one for our family too. Thanks :cheersty:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, Old55 said:

We may buy one for our family too. Thanks 

Check with family first.  The one shown is threaded.  My tank would not be able to accept this type.  Mine, you press down, twist 90 degrees and it locks in place.

• Thanks 2

Shady
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

Shady, I edited your question and made it into a new topic because it's a good question

Thanks, my other question was this: Does anyone use the larger 50kg tanks for in their residence?

4 hours ago, GeoffH said:

You can buy leak detector/safety cut off gas valves on Lazada,

That won't fit Gasul tanks.

Edited by Shady

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Old55 said:

Geoff, did you get this item and if so how is it working out for ya? We may buy one for our family too. Thanks :cheersty:

We use smaller gass bottles and we have leak detector valves on both of them, they aren't exactly that model because we bought them a couple of years ago.

One time they led to replacing the hose on the small cooker in the dirty kitchen which was leaking (and yes it worked and stopped gas flow).

It's common to put the gas bottles into cupboards under cookers in the Philippines and leaking gas could build up which made me uncomfortable which is why we bought a couple of the 'gas valves', they aren't expensive.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Shady said:

That won't fit Gasul tanks.

I didn't realize Gasul use a different valve types.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

I didn't realize Gasul use a different valve types.

Apparently all the different suppliers have different valve Heads/types :whatever:

• Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Our's is safely stored outside. I thought this was one of the requirements of getting a permit. :89:

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Our's is safely stored outside. I thought this was one of the requirements of getting a permit. :89:

We bought our house already built, the dirty kitchen both has a double cupboarg with a place for gas bottles to run the gas cookers (11kg I think?).

No idea about permits (since we didn't build it) but I wasn't comfortable with bottled gas in an enclosed space without some sort of leak safety valve.

• Like 1