Bottled gas leak detector & safety cutoff switch?

jimeve
Posted
Posted
Just now, GeoffH said:

We bought our house already built, the dirty kitchen both has a double cupboarg with a place for gas bottles to run the gas cookers (11kg I think?).

No idea about permits (since we didn't build it) but I wasn't comfortable with bottled gas in an enclosed space without some sort of leak safety valve.

We had to have our gas bottles outside on both houses we built. Maybe a recent requirement or Negros Oriental are more strict/:whatever:

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, jimeve said:

We had to have our gas bottles outside on both houses we built. Maybe a recent requirement or Negros Oriental are more strict/:whatever:

Could be either... "it's more fun in the Philippines" :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Maybe a recent requirement or Negros Oriental are more strict

We had ours in an enclosed space and the bottle deliverer would come in and replace it every couple of months without question or comment.  So N.O. are definitely not strict.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I am not too sure about here but in the UK the maximum length of any hose to a gas appliance was 1.5 meters. Judging by the length of any hose I have bought here I would say it is. This would limit  the location of any cooker here and it is not always feasible to have it outside. So these shut off valves are a good idea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

I didn't realize Gasul use a different valve types.

They have 2 types, the screw type and snap and turn type - when we order we have to confirm which type we have.  At least in our supplier but, as always, things may be different elsewhere. 

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

Our's is safely stored outside. I thought this was one of the requirements of getting a permit. :89:

Ours is stored in the compartment built into the cooker itself - it's a wide unit and has the oven at one side and the gas tank storage space at the other.

See pic below - not our stove but same idea

Gas stove with Gas tank included, Furniture, Others on Carousell

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, jimeve said:

Our's is safely stored outside. I thought this was one of the requirements of getting a permit. :89:

We built the in-laws a house about 12 years ago.  They wanted to cook outside with wood.  A few years later they ask the wife if we would set them up to cook with a couple burner cooktop in the kitchen.  They were all upset when I told them the tank would be outside and a hole punched in the wall for the hose.  "That's not how they do it here".   My response was "my way or no way".  The tank is outside. 

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

How ironic, as this thread has moved on today I had our Dirty Kitchen Gas go outside, when the guy arrived he said I can't/won't change the Bottle as the Pipes is Brittle and cracked due to the sun, Ok so go get a new piece, 20 mins later he returned and fixed a new pipe even wrapping it in Kitchen Foil to help keep the direct sunlight of the Exposed Bit, Just goes to show that at least here in Dumaguete they are Gas  Safety conscious , apart from the 100 peso for the Pipe the service was Free  :smile: and as always tested and adjusted the Ignition and Jets :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Shady
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

the bottle deliverer would come in and replace it every couple of months

Our Gasul needs more frequent replacing, at least once a month. We suspected a leak, and leaks are tested with a bar of soap and some water. The regulator valve is also cheap plastic but that's all they had in the hardware departments and hardware stores.

So we're probably going to switch to Solane which has a locking system, but that also means purchasing a new valve / regulator etc, finding a new delivery service, etc.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Shady said:

So we're probably going to switch to Solane which has a locking system, but that also means purchasing a new valve / regulator etc, finding a new delivery service, etc.

That is who we use so you will do well there my Friend :tiphat:

• Like 2