Have you had it?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, DaveB said:

I'm still puzzled as to why, under the starting conditions, they didn't opt to retest Lucy to double check that positive test result.

Did you ever ask about this?  Of course they would want you to pay, but I'm guessing the locals are not given that option by IATF.  So you are on home quarantine?  I hope it all works out and Lucy is fine.

Sad situation for so many reasons.  Your comments about the timing remind me of the latest IATF policy that says NCR Plus under 18 and over 65 need a test to travel to MGCQ areas like Subic, but 18-65 don't need a test for the same travel.  So sheltered granny and the sheltered kids get tested negative on Monday, then jump in the car with untested Mom and Dad on Tuesday.  Mom and Dad go to work and shop everyday, and have Covid, but are asymptomatic.  Granny has not been out of the house in a month, so her first time out, she gets crammed into a Vios with Mom and Dad and the kids.  On Wednesday, she is at ER with Covid symptoms.

We were up your way today.  First time the kids have been to Angeles since this started.  My wife has been researching resorts in Pampanga that allow kids.  There are a lot of resorts in the Porac area and we did an ocular visit to two.  The new RL Resort and Leisure Park is super nice and we will probably book a night there when we think we can pick a day of good weather.  Water slides and a big wave pool.  Nice rooms and cabanas.  They have peddle carts for the kids and for extra cost you can rent a small 4 wheeler for some mild off-roading in the back of the 12 hectare property.  Game room and arcade too.  Everything is brand new and super clean.

DaveB
Posted
Posted

Along those lines...I forgot one other schizophrenic event: I mentioned our two proposed house-sitter relatives had to home quarantine with us (and are still here)...and they had to get a COVID test.  They got that COVID test yesterday, five days after all the hoopla.  They got it by having to go to Mabalacat, where they live - on the other side of the Clark Freeport zone from my house.  They got there by taking a taxi.  Then they hung around a site with a bunch of other people getting tested.  Then they took a cab back.  Apparently if you are traveling and hanging around with good intentions, COVID doesn't attack you.  

That age window - 18 to 65 - reared its head on our Morong planning.  Originally I was told that, being older than 65, the resort wouldn't check me in.  When I told them I was vaccinated, and after some off-line discussions with their boss, they said I could come as long as I had the vax card.  Like I said, I'm still a little leary as to just how much that marries up with the Bataan checkpoint expectations.  Only one way to find out...

Anyway...strange that you mentioned looking for a water resort up here.  My wife and I this afternoon went on U-Tube and were looking for info on a couple of those.  We had been looking forward to some beach resort time in Morong.  We decided, since that fell through, maybe when we get out of quarantine and Lucy gets home we'll go hang out at a water park or something for the day.  Let me know if you head up to one.  Maybe we'll get a day pass and meet ya for a beer.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, DaveB said:

Anyway...strange that you mentioned looking for a water resort up here.  My wife and I this afternoon went on U-Tube and were looking for info on a couple of those.  We had been looking forward to some beach resort time in Morong.  We decided, since that fell through, maybe when we get out of quarantine and Lucy gets home we'll go hang out at a water park or something for the day.  Let me know if you head up to one.  Maybe we'll get a day pass and meet ya for a beer.

I've been chatting with a German guy who owns a condo at Anvaya in Morong, and rents it on Air BnB.  He says it is the mayor of Morong who is keeping the restrictions super tight.  There are owners of condos and houses in Anvaya who are not allowed to visit because their main residences is in NCR!

We were surprised at how many small and large resorts there are in Pampanga.  The other one we looked at today is just a big pool with some units to rent, in the middle of fields, basically.  Nice and new, owned by a Swiss guy, but not that interesting.  As we speak, my wife just found another that looks really nice.  Facundo Farm Resort, NE of Angeles.  It has a lot of shade trees around the pools and looks nice.

DaveB
Posted
Posted

Come back when we are out of this silly quarantine.  I offered to buy you lunch once upon a time - time to pay up.

Check out Mt Arayat National Park.  It doesn't look like they have actual places to stay, but it might be a cool side trip.  Looks like a great swimming area with very nice grounds and gardens.

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic