The Silent Treatment, known in the Philippines as Tampo.

Balisidar
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 3/29/2021 at 6:45 AM, BrettGC said:

The Angry Midget (wife) and I have a rule:  Don't go to sleep angry with each other.  This is normally rather easily achieved given that I'm never in any doubt as to where she stands on any contentious issue, and these opinions are often delivered with umm fervour.  There's been times I wish I was on the wrong end of "tampo"....

4'10 and 45kgs (100lbs) and the only thing in the planet I'm scared of....

Same rule we've used over the years but it's led to a lot of sleepless nights and make-up sex so it's all good.😆😉.

Lol.  Same here Brett.  Mines 4'11" but she can flay the skin off someone with her tongue.😆😆

Edited by Balisidar
  • Haha 3

Explorer
Posted
Posted

I heard about tampo before coming to the Philippines but surprisingly did not experienced it with my gf. Two years living together, she got upset maybe couple of times and it only lasts one or two minutes before returning to her happy, cheerful self. I am just wondering, is it fake? Will she change in the future if we are committed?

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Explorer said:

I heard about tampo before coming to the Philippines but surprisingly did not experienced it with my gf. Two years living together, she got upset maybe couple of times and it only lasts one or two minutes before returning to her happy, cheerful self. I am just wondering, is it fake? Will she change in the future if we are committed?

Hard to tell.  Some girls here can play the long game but chances are you've got  good one as it's one thing that's almost impossible for them to hide if they have it.  They can tell you they love you while smilling and cuddling but inside hate you but tampo is like kryptonite to their minds. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Jack D
Posted
Posted

Five years of living with my asawa in the Phils, but I was never once given the silent treatment (tampo) until I brought her to the States.:SugarwareZ-037:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 4/5/2021 at 7:52 AM, Jack D said:

Five years of living with my asawa in the Phils, but I was never once given the silent treatment (tampo) until I brought her to the States.:SugarwareZ-037:

Strange have I heard similar about 100 plus times......

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, RBM said:

Strange have I heard similar about 100 plus times......

In those cases did they live together for some time in Philippines before moving to US? I don't doubt you just asking.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Old55 said:

In those cases did they live together for some time in Philippines before moving to US? I don't doubt you just asking.

Yes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I guess there may be a lesson to be learned?

• Like 1

Explorer
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Old55 said:

I am just curious, is this tampo thing usually happen between husband/wife, boyfriend/girlfriend or also within the family - brothers/sisters, parents/daughter?

• Like 2