Jump to content

Manila Hospitals Give Up. Say They Have Lost to Covid


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Old55 said:

Great point Jack but it's not unexpected. Bullies will strike out or blame others if things don't go their way. The real question, is the Government actually attempting to buy vaccine? :shades:

And importantly why haven't they spoken of how they would distribute it to Filipinos? 

I suspect they will wait until some intentional charity will provide vaccine and pay for the distribution. That way when there are delays or disruptions it's someone else's fault and more importantly a lucrative revenue stream to tap.

I know here I go again but this whole thing is so frustrating and sad. Filipinos deserve much better than this cluster......

All true, but how many of the locals you know are complaining about the situation?  For me, other than me (not local), none and it's the usual shrug of the shoulders and what can you do response! :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.  I would advise to tread lightly.  I have seen foreigners threatened with deportation locally for speaking against stupid Covid rules.  Politicians don'

My sister in law is an RN here in Seattle. She's been in contact with her healthcare friends in Cebu City and Manila. The Hospitals are not paying the staff enough or at all in some instances. The sta

Great point Jack but it's not unexpected. Bullies will strike out or blame others if things don't go their way. The real question, is the Government actually attempting to buy vaccine?  And impor

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Actually, the neighbours I have are just getting on with their life, They, over the years, have had so much hardship this is just another day :shades: which is maybe just another reason why, they don't dwell too much on the Tomorrows :smile:

Indeed Jack, and taking a step back who can blame them (although I often do without thinking deeply enough about why) as how would they get through life carrying so much burden without adding resentment and bitterness to their already heavy load?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Support
27 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Indeed Jack, and taking a step back who can blame them (although I often do without thinking deeply enough about why) as how would they get through life carrying so much burden without adding resentment and bitterness to their already heavy load?

Filipinos simply put hardships up to fate and just go on with their lives? My wife suggested this I have not spent enough time in Philippines to know one way or the other.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

All true, but how many of the locals you know are complaining about the situation?  For me, other than me (not local), none and it's the usual shrug of the shoulders and what can you do response! :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

 

 

2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Actually, the neighbours I have are just getting on with their life, They, over the years, have had so much hardship this is just another day :shades: which is maybe just another reason why, they don't dwell too much on the Tomorrows :smile:

 

2 hours ago, hk blues said:

Indeed Jack, and taking a step back who can blame them (although I often do without thinking deeply enough about why) as how would they get through life carrying so much burden without adding resentment and bitterness to their already heavy load?

 

1 hour ago, Old55 said:

Filipinos simply put hardships up to fate and just go on with their lives? My wife suggested this I have not spent enough time in Philippines to know one way or the other.

This all just points back to the other topics where it was discussed "why Philippines will never change".  Sad but true.  Filipinos at all levels of society don't have much choice other than to go with the flow and say "that's just the way it is".  Even the middle class live like that and never plan for the future.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2021 at 7:14 AM, Old55 said:

My sister in law is an RN here in Seattle. She's been in contact with her healthcare friends in Cebu City and Manila. The Hospitals are not paying the staff enough or at all in some instances. The staff are required to work 12 hour shifts seven days a week. They are not supplying PPE the staff are expected to get their own or go without. Safely protocols are not being followed so some Doctors and many nurses are simply staying home. Until staff get vaccinated and have proper PPE this crisis will continue.

El President was crying in his last press briefing that the rich countries were withholding vaccine from poor countries and he was spending all his time searching for vaccines. August of last year Philippines had a huge allotment of vaccine allocated to them but refused to follow through getting it. Speculation was the government was expecting a special deal with China to sell them vaccine with a kickback. Now we know why Philippines is complaining about the Spartly Islands after ignoring it for all this time.

The Filipino deserve better than those thieving idiots! I would love to see a People Power overthough those clowns. :571b119686cf7_1(72):

OK rant over. :2245_safe:

The Philippine government in the last year has borrowed 500,000,000,000,000 pesos.  You would think they could buy some PPE equipment for the frontliners with it.  Where is the money? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HappyJack said:

The Philippine government in the last year has borrowed 500,000,000,000,000 pesos.  You would think they could buy some PPE equipment for the frontliners with it.  Where is the money? 

I think we're hearing about the extreme situations rather than the norm, just as we were back in the early days in the USA/UK where staff were having to make do with insufficient PPE but not all staff and not even the majority.  Undoubtedly it's not great here, but I wonder if it's the norm? Not paying staff seems outrageous and surely isn't sustainable? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HappyJack said:

The Philippine government in the last year has borrowed 500,000,000,000,000 pesos.  You would think they could buy some PPE equipment for the frontliners with it.  Where is the money? 

You can ask estate developers like Ayala and Rockwell, who buys dozens of 2BR and 3BR luxury flats, 1 million USD+ a pop...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Gandang Smile said:

You can ask estate developers like Ayala and Rockwell, who buys dozens of 2BR and 3BR luxury flats, 1 million USD+ a pop...

I had a discussion with a constrction manager here on Boracay over a similar thing. Two properties he helped renovate sold for millions of dollars 4 months ago in what looked like money laundering as they are both technically within the 25m plus 5m exclusion zone on the main beach.

Two weeks ago I saw workers digging a deep trench then starting to build what looked like a storm wall on one of the properties. I asked him what they were doing and he said it's the new owners and he has nothing to do with it. He said some politicians have suddenly come into money and bought both of them off the person who had just bought them a few months back. I can't for the life of me think where the money may have come from.  

  • Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I had a discussion with a construction manager here on Boracay over a similar thing. Two properties he helped renovate sold for millions of dollars 4 months ago in what looked like money laundering as they are both technically within the 25m plus 5m exclusion zone on the main beach.

Two weeks ago I saw workers digging a deep trench then starting to build what looked like a storm wall on one of the properties. I asked him what they were doing and he said it's the new owners and he has nothing to do with it. He said some politicians have suddenly come into money and bought both of them off the person who had just bought them a few months back. I can't for the life of me think where the money may have come from.  

Yep yep. These luxury condos are the best currency between corrupt politicians and equally corrupt businessmen.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...