Manila Hospitals Give Up. Say They Have Lost to Covid

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

Threatened maybe, personally believe it would never prevail, there are strict laws involved in deportation.

Personally, I would not want to test that.

We have always talked about "laying low" as foreigners in the Philippines.  Since Covid, I believe that more now more than ever before.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

Threatened maybe, personally believe it would never prevail, there are strict laws involved in deportation.

I would not argue what you say but for me I would always keep under the radar. Maybe I'm a bit of a coward but it seems common sense. How many activists, news media people and others have been murdered each year?

• Like 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

I would not argue what you say but for me I would always keep under the radar. Maybe I'm a bit of a coward but it seems common sense. How many activists, news media people and others have been murdered each year?

I'm with you on this, Old.

I do agree with RBM that deportation is not as easily activated as some would have us believe, but I don't want to test my own theory! Heck, we saw the case in the US yesterday where a police officer killed a guy when she fired her gun instead of her tazer - accidents happen and I wouldn't want to be the victim of such an accident here.

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, hk blues said:

I do agree with RBM that deportation is not as easily activated as some would have us believe, but I don't want to test my own theory!

The problem is:  Those who do put that theory to the test are often locked up until they buy a ticket out of here, then blacklisted so they cannot come back.  So only their friends are left to tell the story and no one believes us.  C'est la vie.  Those who will not learn from the mistakes of others etc etc.

temp.jpg

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 5

hk blues
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

The problem is:  Those who do put that theory to the test are often locked up until they buy a ticket out of here, then blacklisted so they cannot come back.  So only their friends are left to tell the story and no one believes us.  C'est la vie.  Those who will not learn from the mistakes of others etc etc.

Oh, I believe you Dave.  Others, I'm not so sure about. :smile:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

There are some here in Subic Bay Freeport who press the limits on our FB neighborhood groups.  One guy in particular, I know he has been warned, at a personal and general (to the group) level.  I think he has lightened up a bit and his wording is more careful now.  We have members of government in the groups, and the chairwoman is in one group.  She is thick skinned but if you flagrantly continue to violate a rule or law, I would not be surprised at all to see her put the hammer down.

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

As the heading say's, I don't believe a lot of the posts have got the right handle on the situation in the PI's, Manila hasn't given up on the Pandemic, they are just overwhelmed by the sudden influx of tests. The wife's son went to the public hospital for a swab and because there was a 8 hr wait he went to a private hospital and within the hour he was swabbed. Cost 1600 p for hospital and doctor, 3500 p for swab, results back within 6 hrs. Negative, but like a few have said, if you have money you can get help. Now over on Panay Island where the relies live it's different, one of the wife's nieces got tangled up in a group and one tested positive, they were all tested, quarantined, feed and looked after all at the Barangay's expense, so you see, different scenario's, different places, don't generalize. :thumbsup:

• Like 4

RBM
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Although I fully agree with old, living under the radar is sensible and I do much the same.

How ever its not that easy just to be locked up and black listed as Dave would seem to suggest, There has to be probable cause and if one cares to do some simple you tube searches its spelt out.

Sorry as usual I am going way off topic.

• Like 5

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic