What do you think? .. preacher held in Philippines against his will

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted
On 4/3/2021 at 4:28 PM, Mike J said:

They are wanting $15,000 according to the GoFundMe page.  

Seems like a large amount considering :

• Fine for Overstaying – (additional) Php 500.00 per month
  • Motion for Reconsideration for Overstaying – (additional) Php 500.00 + Php 10.00 (LRF)
  • Re-issuance of ACR for (2nd entry of every entry after 59 days) – Php 250 [for minors: Php 150]
  • Application fee is only Php 300.00 for overstaying

Maybe they want him to fly first class on the way home? :whistling:

Or maybe........ the Dear Stranded Reverend doesn't even exist and it's just another soapbox scam.......:shades: 

• Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Peaceful John said:

Or maybe........ the Dear Stranded Reverend doesn't even exist and it's just another soapbox scam.......:shades: 

He is real. He posted this 2018 and quite a few videos and things showing him in the Philippines on Facebook.

immigration will not let me leave this country i am an American citizen ive tried paying my way out but with no prevail im sick and need to see a Doctor, and all i get is put off, immigration said im guilty of a charged that was dismissed  and now they want correct the mistake i have the dismissall paper and brought it to immg. and showed them that this charged was dismissed but they laughed at me. now all they want is money can anybody help me. David t. Humberson paniqui tarlac

https://www.facebook.com/david.humberson

• Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

He is real.

He seems to be a self appointed missionary.  There is no legal recognition for such a thing that I know of.  A missionary has to be sent by an established church or faith group.  That would make him an evangelist at best and a private citizen at worst.  This may lead to charges of working on a tourist visa.  (Doing charitable work is still legally "working").  I suspect he may have deeper troubles than he realizes.

• Like 3

baronapart
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

He is real. He posted this 2018 and quite a few videos and things showing him in the Philippines on Facebook.

immigration will not let me leave this country i am an American citizen ive tried paying my way out but with no prevail im sick and need to see a Doctor, and all i get is put off, immigration said im guilty of a charged that was dismissed  and now they want correct the mistake i have the dismissall paper and brought it to immg. and showed them that this charged was dismissed but they laughed at me. now all they want is money can anybody help me. David t. Humberson paniqui tarlac

https://www.facebook.com/david.humberson

Reading his FB posts I gather his bulb is a little dim. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Balisidar
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, baronapart said:

Read the gofundme site.  His daughter is the same way.  Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

He's got two Facebook accounts.  On one of them he talks more politics than any pastor I've ever talked to.  Wonder if he talked about Philippine politics also?  Enough to really piss some people off?🤔🤔

Edited by Balisidar
Add info
  • Hmm thinking 1

Balisidar
Posted
Posted (edited)

Doing a little more research on this guy...his troubles go back to 2017 and probably before.  Looks like he's married to a younger gal Mia Joy Ofresio Humberson (not judging so let's not go there😆).  He has a 5 or 6 year old daughter that they got US citizenship and a passport for.  They tried another go fund me back in 2017 that only raised $150 despite a bunch of friends and his church saying they hard his back on various posts.  Looks like his church friends have pretty much abandoned him though.  Here's a sample from his go fund me in 2017.

"It,s not just the DNA i tried to help a couple here and they stole my passport my atm which i cancelled plus they have been harrassing me because his father have a big church plus the other woman is a law student who has freinds in the judicial department and they are corrupt ive been without a passport for 10 months and my immigration fee is over 800 dollars plus my ticket is 700 Dollars once i get my Daughter a citizenship ill have to wait 5 months before she w
ill receice her check. but i can bring her home once she is a citizen ive  help people as much as i could but not all appreciate that here they try and take advantage of a foriegmer. thank you any amout will help us to over come adversity."

He's also pretty outspoken on Facebook about his politics.  He's not very smart though.  He went to a protest in Manila in 2017 about the drug war.  Yeah...🙄🙄

It's just strange that he's been in this situation for over four years.

Sorry,   I'm like a dog with a bone sometimes.😆 Especially if there's some kind of mystery.  My guess is this won't come to a good conclusion.  I hope I'm wrong though and maybe he and his family will get out.

Edited by Balisidar
  • Hmm thinking 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I wonder if he's tried praying. :whistling: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

baronapart
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Balisidar said:

Doing a little more research on this guy...his troubles go back to 2017 and probably before.  Looks like he's married to a younger gal Mia Joy Ofresio Humberson (not judging so let's not go there😆).  He has a 5 or 6 year old daughter that they got US citizenship and a passport for.  They tried another go fund me back in 2017 that only raised $150 despite a bunch of friends and his church saying they hard his back on various posts.  Looks like his church friends have pretty much abandoned him though.  Here's a sample from his go fund me in 2017.

"It,s not just the DNA i tried to help a couple here and they stole my passport my atm which i cancelled plus they have been harrassing me because his father have a big church plus the other woman is a law student who has freinds in the judicial department and they are corrupt ive been without a passport for 10 months and my immigration fee is over 800 dollars plus my ticket is 700 Dollars once i get my Daughter a citizenship ill have to wait 5 months before she w
ill receice her check. but i can bring her home once she is a citizen ive  help people as much as i could but not all appreciate that here they try and take advantage of a foriegmer. thank you any amout will help us to over come adversity."

He's also pretty outspoken on Facebook about his politics.  He's not very smart though.  He went to a protest in Manila in 2017 about the drug war.  Yeah...🙄🙄

It's just strange that he's been in this situation for over four years.

Sorry,   I'm like a dog with a bone sometimes.😆 Especially if there's some kind of mystery.  My guess is this won't come to a good conclusion.  I hope I'm wrong though and maybe he and his family will get out.

I feel really sorry for the students he is giving a lecture to in the photo on his FB page. ))

• Like 3

• 9 months later...
Balisidar
Posted
Posted

Old topic but it looks like he's still here in the Philippines.  Their fundraiser went no where (All three of them) and there's been no media followup whatsoever.  I hate an unsolved mystery.😆😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Balisidar said:

Old topic but it looks like he's still here in the Philippines.  Their fundraiser went no where (All three of them) and there's been no media followup whatsoever.  I hate an unsolved mystery.😆😆

Probably become a millionaire selling Molasses.

On 4/8/2021 at 2:22 AM, baronapart said:

Daughters interview

https://fb.watch/aVOn0wRauO/

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1