What do you think? .. preacher held in Philippines against his will

graham59
Posted
Posted

I think the Philippines government have had their pound of flesh, and this supposedly good Christian country should allow the man to go home.   

None of us are perfect. 

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
Devan101
Posted
Posted
On 4/3/2021 at 5:22 PM, Mike J said:

The whole story sounds a bit dodgy.  I wonder if the guy does not want to go home? :whistling:

My dad has wanted to come home for years and I got him home myself without any financial help. He is finally home. What happened was not his fault. People just post their assumptions and that is upsetting. Be without your dad for 6 years. It's sad. 

• Love it 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Devan101 said:

My dad has wanted to come home for years and I got him home myself without any financial help. He is finally home. What happened was not his fault. People just post their assumptions and that is upsetting. Be without your dad for 6 years. It's sad. 

Well get off your ass and tells us his story or f off. Simple.  I dont give a rats unless you have some proof too show us. ? 

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Devan101 said:

What happened was not his fault.

Really?  Who's fault was it?

• Like 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted
On 4/8/2021 at 3:54 PM, Snowy79 said:

I wonder if he's tried praying. :whistling: 

Sat here having my morning coffee.. that line @Snowy also made it spill...... outstanding !!!!!!

• Haha 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Really?  Who's fault was it?

We know these days its never the victims fault.. its always "anyone else and everyone else " but its never ever ever my fault.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Devan101 said:

So you joined this expat forum for what reason?  If you are not going to share the details of the entire story, beginning to end, I don't see your point in coming here.

On the surface, it seems like your dad is a good guy.  Maybe he should not have been here in the first place if he was suffering from medical issues that prevented him from doing the normal things needed to legally stay in a foreign country.  I'm puzzled by the financial aspect.  You opened a GoFundMe with a goal of $15,000.  What was that $15,000 going to be used for?  Why couldn't your family just come up with enough money to bring him home?.  He has 1500 friends on one of his FB pages.  Why was only $40 raised there on GoFundMe?  I have used GofundMe and raised money for a good cause.  I could open one for a sick kitten and get more than $40.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Devan101 said:

I got him home myself without any financial help.

If he didnt need financial help, why open a Go Fund me page. Doesnt compute and seems a dodgy thing to do when no financial help needed.

Maybe your Dad can stay out of countries where he doesnt understand the rules. Plenty of fine folk to convert to whatever your religion is in the US.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Many of the forum members are pragmatic including myself,  If you expect any sympathy whatsoever, post believable and factual details of what happened.  People do not get black listed and locked up for no reason.   

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
Balisidar
Posted
Posted
On 7/23/2022 at 5:49 PM, Devan101 said:

It's also pretty funny that no news outlets followed up on this and there was no word from the supposed congressman who was supposed to help.  On top of that I found that on one of your father's Facebook sites he was involved in protests against the Philippine government, which is an absolute no no.  Totally illegal for a foreigner to get involved in Philippine politics at any level.  Why not come back and explain his story or do you just like trolling forums that have your fathers name?

• Like 3