Manila has fallen. Is this the end?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, expatuk2014 said:

But and this is a big but ! Where i live its a short tricycle ride to a large grocery store, and from my house to the store i counted 32 people standing and sitting outside their homes chatting with others or drinking coffee etc , non wearing face masks ! And with small children playing in the road non with masks !

It has always been like this in the neighborhoods of Olongapo, when I drive through in the evening.  I think this is what NCR is trying to crack down on, but it is very hard.  They make the occasional "bust" to make it look like they are doing something, but like most laws and rules in the Philippines, the Covid rules are often ignored in neighborhoods.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Old55 said:

There are so many Metro Manila medical practitioners who are contracting the virus recently. Just three days ago, 110 out of 180 employees who were tested at the Philippine Orthopedic Center in Quezon City turned out to be positive for the virus. That’s a whopping 61-percent positivity rate.

So if your had the first shot you still have no protection until the second, is that correct? 

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

So less than one percent of the country's population have been diagnosed as having Covid19 ? :89:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

So if your had the first shot you still have no protection until the second, is that correct? 

No, one inoculation provides significant protection. But it takes both to reach maximum level.

• Like 3

Clermont
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

No, as long as they haven't shifted the goal posts, After getting the first shot it's about two weeks before you get some immunity, the second shot gives you full immunity AS FAR AS THEY KNOW, there is still a lot about this disease and vaccines they don't know, their still winging it, time will tell , but I'm going with the mob and getting my jab. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:
19 hours ago, Old55 said:

There are so many Metro Manila medical practitioners who are contracting the virus recently. Just three days ago, 110 out of 180 employees who were tested at the Philippine Orthopedic Center in Quezon City turned out to be positive for the virus. That’s a whopping 61-percent positivity rate.

The article does not say what type of test and I don't see where the author got that data.  If they had the vaccine then they would test positive for antibodies but that does not mean they have covid or had previously contracted covid.  It just does not make sense that 110 out of 180 doctors who are working actually have covid.   Positive for antibodies does make sense.  But then I am not being paid to write an opinion piece for a newspaper.  

The frustrating thing about the pandemic "reality" is that you can find supporting opinions that say "no big deal, people are idiots" or "this is a huge freaking deal, people are idiots".  The common theme is the "people and/or governments are idiots" part of the news flash.  Maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle???  Or does that make me the idiot? :tongue: 

• Haha 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, hk blues said:

I have the same wondering.  But, that runs contrary to the numerous posts on this form about the tendency to put everything down to Covid due to incentives for doing so.  So, something isn't adding up either way.   

And why is this so? Even my partner whom knows first hand of a person suffering from a motor accident and expiring in the local hospital.  They insisted it was covid and the body treated accordingly. Why is  this? I have heard this story over and over, this one is first hand. What is the incentive for a hospital to treat seemingly everything as Covid?

Shady
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

#120 in deaths per million population at 121.  So .0121 % of the population has died of "Covid", including people like my friend who died of a heart attack, and others like him.

Exactly, lockdowns have done more damage than this 'pandemic' ever could.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, RBM said:

And why is this so? Even my partner whom knows first hand of a person suffering from a motor accident and expiring in the local hospital.  They insisted it was covid and the body treated accordingly. Why is  this? I have heard this story over and over, this one is first hand. What is the incentive for a hospital to treat seemingly everything as Covid?

Did this take place outside Philippines?

In the US hospitals get around $8,000 for every covid admission and around $30,000 for every covid death. We know of three people personally who for a fact died from non covid related but the death certificate stated covid. I can't find the statistic but US heart attack deaths have decreased by a significant amount last year. Why?

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Did this take place outside Philippines?

In the US hospitals get around $8,000 for every covid admission and around $30,000 for every covid death. We know of three people personally who for a fact died from non covid related but the death certificate stated covid. I can't find the statistic but US heart attack deaths have decreased by a significant amount last year. Why?

This happened here in Negros, a remote area.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic