Foreigners travelling alone is still on hold.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)

No change for entry Into the Philippines. 

https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration/posts/1986573754814655

07 April 2021
PRESS RELEASE 
Aliens not traveling with Pinoy kin can't enter PH during travel ban - BI
The Bureau of Immigration (BI) reiterated that foreign parents, spouses and children of Filipino citizens cannot enter the Philippines if they are not traveling with the latter.
In a statement, BI Commissioner Jaime Morente reiterated that said existing guidelines on international travel set by the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF) do not allow the entry of foreign parents, spouses and children of Filipinos if they are travelling alone.
The said foreigners, Morente reminded, should likewise possess valid visas secured in the country’s foreign posts abroad to be able to enter the country.
He added that the Balikbayan privilege, which allows the visa-free entry of foreign spouses and children of Filipinos, remains suspended.
The reminder was issued following reports that a handful of aliens were denied entry at the airports for attempting to come to the country without their Filipino spouse, children, or parent.
Morente stressed that airlines and ships are obligated to ensure that only foreigners eligible to enter the country during the implementation of the travel restrictions are allowed to board their Philippine-bound flights.       
It can be recalled that the Philippines imposed a ban on the entry of foreigners last month amid the resurgence in the number of COVID-19 cases in the country.
The ban, which started last March 22 is in effect until April 21.
Aside from prohibiting the entry of foreigners, the IATF also ordered a reduction in the number of inbound international travelers to only 1,500 a day.

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
Placed article in post as per rules
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it 1
  • Sad 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Bugger..

The current plan is the end of the year for me so fingers crossed.... 

• Like 4

graham59
Posted
Posted

Until April 22nd. :smile:

Perhaps the Balikbayan scheme will then be reinstated... but who knows ?  :sad:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Bugger..

The current plan is the end of the year for me so fingers crossed.... 

This is what we hope Brett.

• Like 1

Sean433
Posted
Posted

Depressing , I’d like to go this summer , doesn’t seem likely 😔😖

• Like 1

softail
Posted
Posted

Say they decide to allow the Balikbayan privilege,  I make my flight reservations, then they suspend it again, could get expensive canceling. 

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

makes one wonder how many foreigners on tourist visas with commitments here have been effected. I know of a few with Condos, a partner and in cases kids, non married. 

Some have stayed on after their 3 years......will the BI show them a little leniency when the time comes to eventually renew....So many questions and no answers.

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, softail said:

Say they decide to allow the Balikbayan privilege,  I make my flight reservations, then they suspend it again, could get expensive canceling. 

We are getting tickets soon. Trip insurance is only $88.00.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Guy F. said:

We are getting tickets soon. Trip insurance is only $88.00.

I don't leave home without it, but in the last year it's been taking months to pay out.

Gator
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, RBM said:

makes one wonder how many foreigners on tourist visas with commitments here have been effected. I know of a few with Condos, a partner and in cases kids, non married. 

You can put me on that list. I have an apartment that I keep paying the rent on, but haven’t been to in a year. I’m glad the rent is cheap though it’s still frustrating. 

As the vaccines roll out and more ppl get it, I’m hoping the restrictions are lifted by October and I can come home. Otherwise I might consider spending next winter in Thailand.