Before settling down in PH i'd like to spend up to 3 months in some remote island/s where i can be a away from confusion.

f5m9v6
Posted
Posted

Dear all,

Before settling down in PH i'd like to spend up to 3 months in some remote island/s where i can be a away from confusion, with a little amount of people, but with decent internet access!

Which of this options you recommend? Any other option you would add?

Siquijor, Bantayan, Panglao, Malpascua, Camotes islands.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Jolo :whistling:

• Haha 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, f5m9v6 said:

Siquijor, Bantayan, Panglao, Malpascua, Camotes islands.

I would be surprised if they have decent internet in most parts? 

• Like 2

baronapart
Posted
Posted

I have been in the middle of the jungle in Mindanao and there are always people popping up out of nowhere. The most privacy and peace I have had in the Philippines were in high rises in Manila and Cebu.  I don't know where you are from in the EU but I think I could find a private and peaceful place there easier than I could in the Philippines.

• Like 4

f5m9v6
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Jolo :whistling:

There were two bomb explosions last year by an extreme group here. Extremists might reside there, which makes it an unsafe safe place; specially for foreigners.
Have you been there? When?

Might be better to stick to islands where no extreme violence has been recorded!

47 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I would be surprised if they have decent internet in most parts? 

Sure. I would be happy with 30mbps. That should be enough for me!

If any of the islands mentioned offer this speed "it's enough for me"!

• Like 1

f5m9v6
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, baronapart said:

I have been in the middle of the jungle in Mindanao and there are always people popping up out of nowhere. The most privacy and peace I have had in the Philippines were in high rises in Manila and Cebu.  I don't know where you are from in the EU but I think I could find a private and peaceful place there easier than I could in the Philippines.

I'm sure i'll be able to find a safe remote island without a big crowd.

I think i read mindanao jungle as being dangerous because of possible encounters with extreme groups. You found it to be safe?

baronapart
Posted
Posted

2 minutes ago, f5m9v6 said:

I'm sure i'll be able to find a safe remote island without a big crowd.

I think i read mindanao jungle as being dangerous because of possible encounters with extreme groups. You found it to be safe?

In the Philippines I think you could find a 20x20 meter island with one palm tree on it and think you have found paradise. By the next morning at 6am someone will have set up a sari sari store blasting Karaoke. :whistling:

My wife is from western Mindanao where some of the Abu Sayyaf related abductions took place. I never felt unsafe there but there are some basic precautions one should take. 

Have you been to the Philippines before?

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

f5m9v6
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, baronapart said:

In the Philippines I think you could find a 20x20 meter island with one palm tree on it and think you have found paradise. By the next morning at 6am someone will have set up a sari sari store blasting Karaoke. :whistling:

My wife is from western Mindanao where some of the Abu Sayyaf related abductions took place. I never felt unsafe there but there are some basic precautions one should take. 

Have you been to the Philippines before?

It will be the 1st time i will be in the Philippines!

What precautions would you advise to visit Mindanao for ex. or other areas where Abu Sayyaf has had activity?
I wouldn't ever be able to feel comfortable specially in the jungle (where issues tend to happen). These people dislike everyone; (european, american, everybody!).
Including inocent working Filipinos that were beheaded for being christian!

The nature in the south is amazing, but it's very dangerous to be anywhere were these guys wander around.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, f5m9v6 said:

There were two bomb explosions last year by an extreme group here. Extremists might reside there, which makes it an unsafe safe place; specially for foreigners.
Have you been there? When?

Might be better to stick to islands where no extreme violence has been recorded!

Sure. I would be happy with 30mbps. That should be enough for me!

If any of the islands mentioned offer this speed "it's enough for me"!

It`s the bandwidth which lets the internet down here, even with 30 you can get buffering on certain sites.

• Like 1

f5m9v6
Posted
Posted

How to PM someone? I don't see this option available!

• Dave Hounddriver locked this topic