Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, Dies at the age of 99

jimeve
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I had the pleasure of doing a street lining for the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh. Proud moment for me, 

R.I.P Sir.

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

A sad day for most of us Brits. :sad:

A good man... and a 'real' man.

RIP sir You will be missed. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-11437314

Prince Philip has died aged 99, Buckingham Palace announces

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Sad indeed, brought a tear my eye .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

RobH
Posted
Posted

Very sad. I met him once a long time ago swore like a trooper, no ladies around, you could tell he was a navy man. A real mans man.  A real shame.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

99 is a good long life.  May he RIP.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

RIP

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

RIP Your Royal Highness

• Like 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted

As it is considered bad manners to speak ill of the dead, the best I can offer to this person is RIP.   A loss to his immediate family which is the norm when anybody passes but just in my own humble opinion no loss outside of that family. 

Just a smidgen of garbage to spill from his mouth over the years :-

No filter: Prince Philip is known for his verbal gaffes and occasional temper. On the occasion of his 90th birthday in 2011, the Independent newspaper compiled 90 of his greatest hits. Visiting China, he said this to a British student: “If you stay here much longer, you will go home with slitty eyes.” To a 13-year-old boy who dreamed of becoming an astronaut: “You could do with losing a little bit of weight.” To a nursing home resident in a wheelchair: “Do people trip over you?”

hk blues
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

As it is considered bad manners to speak ill of the dead, the best I can offer to this person is RIP.   A loss to his immediate family which is the norm when anybody passes but just in my own humble opinion no loss outside of that family. 

Just a smidgen of garbage to spill from his mouth over the years :-

No filter: Prince Philip is known for his verbal gaffes and occasional temper. On the occasion of his 90th birthday in 2011, the Independent newspaper compiled 90 of his greatest hits. Visiting China, he said this to a British student: “If you stay here much longer, you will go home with slitty eyes.” To a 13-year-old boy who dreamed of becoming an astronaut: “You could do with losing a little bit of weight.” To a nursing home resident in a wheelchair: “Do people trip over you?”

There was an article on the BBC website today with some of the "highlights."  I'll admit most of them brought a smile to my face albeit I could see they were inappropriate in many cases.

I think he was a man who was above the normal rules if you like, and thus was able to pretty much get away with anything.  And he knew it hence his often amusing and sometimes offensive retorts.  A bit like the cantankerous old man many of us know in real life.

RIP  

• Like 2
  • Love it 1
  • Sad 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic