UK womans pensions rebates

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Great news and congratulations to you both! 

jimeve
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, expatuk2014 said:

Wives are meant to get 60% of their husbands pension ! So give them a call ! 

@expatuk2014My wife worked in the UK for 12 years, does she have to wait until she is 60 or can she apply now? Both of us are living in Ph now I get the state pension.

Thanks. 

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, jimeve said:

@expatuk2014My wife worked in the UK for 12 years, does she have to wait until she is 60 or can she apply now? Both of us are living in Ph now I get the state pension.

Thanks. 

I think you will find Eve has to wait until she reaches the UK pensionable age.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, sonjack2847 said:

I think you will find Eve has to wait until she reaches the UK pensionable age.

Crikey, 67.

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Theres a group of ladies in Uk that were fighting for this for many years so its a good things that the govt finally admitted its error and is making back payments.. .however its taken many many years and there's probably a great many ladies in their golden years who could have done with receiving the payout earlier.

Anywats good for all those who have a payout.

Me, patiently waiting till im 66 before claiming my wonderful weekly payment of somewhere between 50-60 quid a week....well it will pay for the beers i suppose.

• Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, Freebie said:

Theres a group of ladies in Uk that were fighting for this for many years so its a good things that the govt finally admitted its error and is making back payments.. .however its taken many many years and there's probably a great many ladies in their golden years who could have done with receiving the payout earlier.

Anywats good for all those who have a payout.

Me, patiently waiting till im 66 before claiming my wonderful weekly payment of somewhere between 50-60 quid a week....well it will pay for the beers i suppose.

I'm surprised you're getting such a small state pension - isn't the basic around £140 a week currently?

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I'm surprised you're getting such a small state pension - isn't the basic around £140 a week currently?

The full basic State Pension you can get is £179.60 per week. You need 35 qualifying years of National Insurance contributions to get the full amount. You'll still get something if you have at least 10 qualifying years, but it'll be less than the full amount.  

https://www.gov.uk/new-state-pension/how-its-calculated

• Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

The full basic State Pension you can get is £179.60 per week. You need 35 qualifying years of National Insurance contributions to get the full amount. You'll still get something if you have at least 10 qualifying years, but it'll be less than the full amount.  

Yes, but there are still some who are entitled to the "old" pension which is 137-odd quid a week.  I have no idea what the qualification differences are.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I'll throw in my usual plug for this - anyone who hasn't got the max 35 years can make voluntary contributions of around 150gbp a year - well worth it in the long run IF you survive much beyond 67 or so.