New Member...... Any Expats Living In Or Near Dalaguete?

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Alberta Donuts said:

Thank you Jack.  It seems the weather there is wetter and cooler than most of Cebu.  I am wondering what your comments are regarding weather.  Rain, sunshine, wind and temperature.  I have seen conflicting info on climate tracking sites.  

FYI, I have spend some time in Dumaguette and Dauin, and I am familiar with Valencia.... these are areas I am considering as well so comparing the weather to these places.

Thanks!

Not any difference that I could tell on the weather. Utilities here are not as reliable as Dalaguete but on the whole this place is much better. There are many more things readily available here than Dalaguete a lot of people there come here or Cebu city 1x per month to get groceries which are not available there and on the whole cheaper.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Alberta Donuts said:

It has been three times in the last 5 years.  I would have spent 6 weeks this past winter but of course travel is not allowed.  I am hoping to return in November or December 2021... Really really hoping.

I like Dauin as the traffic is greatly reduced from Valencia or Bacong... distance from Dumaguete really seems to favour less traffic.  I am thinking the same is true on Cebu which is one of the reasons i am interested in Dalaguete.

The traffic problem which Dalaguete has is Pedicabs going about 10 kph they slow it all down. I guess any time you get near a town you will get this problem.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 4/15/2021 at 6:05 AM, sonjack2847 said:

The traffic problem which Dalaguete has is Pedicabs going about 10 kph they slow it all down. I guess any time you get near a town you will get this problem.

In Moalboal they moved them off the highway which goes through town.   Now they have to use streets that parallel the highway.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Mike J said:

In Moalboal they moved them off the highway which goes through town.   Now they have to use streets that parallel the highway.

Oh my now people cannot be dropped right the door. They dont like to walk here. I have been on a bus and somebody got on, 20 ft down the road somebody else stopped the bus, how lazy can you get.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I left Dalaguete 4+ years ago and the place has improved a lot in that time. When I lived there I had to walk 100 yards and I was on a nice beach but they reclaimed land from the sea and built tennis courts. The market was not very clean and when they had the chicken harvest you would get overrun by flies. My dentist here told me Dalaguete is the kind of place you visit for the weekend.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 4/16/2021 at 7:22 AM, sonjack2847 said:

I left Dalaguete 4+ years ago and the place has improved a lot in that time. When I lived there I had to walk 100 yards and I was on a nice beach but they reclaimed land from the sea and built tennis courts. The market was not very clean and when they had the chicken harvest you would get overrun by flies. My dentist here told me Dalaguete is the kind of place you visit for the weekend.

As I recall Kevi you had a big gripe about the mobile churches at 6am.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, RBM said:

As I recall Kevi you had a big gripe about the mobile churches at 6am.

Not true mate it was 4 am. I will say that anything I write here could have changed as it has been a while since I lived there. There (according to friends) have been improvements, I wonder if they still get overrun with flies every chicken harvest. I did like living there but it was too small of a place for me.

• Like 2

Alberta Donuts
Posted
Posted

Thanks for all your comments everyone.  I know I need boots on the ground but some things you don't learn till you live there the better part of a year.  I am confident about the areas south of Dumaguete but want to consider a few places in southern Cebu island as well.  Can't wait for these pandemic restrictions to end so I can return and get more experience with the locations. 

• Like 3