US covid support to the PHIL

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Jeffjett said:

As a new guy here, and a retired hospital administrator in the States, I know that the health of all of us is inextricably linked.  I had the Pfizer vaccine in December and January of 2021.  We must support all people getting vaccines before mutations make the current crop of vaccines less and less effective.  None of us is truly safe till all of us are safe!!

Can you send this to all the governments around the world pushing on with vaccinating all age groups - I note the UK (my country) is looking to vaccinate 12-15 year olds in the near future? 

I have no problem whatsoever with countries doing their own thing but dislike the rhetoric around the we're all in this together etc etc.  Of course, they do throw a few scraps at the poorer nations to make them look good! 

Edit - I see the UK and Philippine govt's have agreed an exemption to the number of nurses who can move out of the country - I wonder if the 2 countries could have included some vaccine supplies as part of the deal?  The situations are not totally disconnected.  

Edited by hk blues
  • Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, hk blues said:

I wonder if the 2 countries could have included some vaccine supplies as part of the deal?

The thing is about the US and UK that most folks and small nations really dont understand, is that they rarely give humanitarian type (not military aid,,thats a horse of a different color) they set up organizations like covax and usaid. Dump loads of cash in those groups, let them buy from the manufacture then distribute the goods.

Does a couple of things,,,Keeps the US and UK from being seen to play favorites and allows the pharma companies to bill a NGO for the goods.

It is really interesting to see what Yank politicians is pushing what aid packet, when you look real close the stuff that is supposed to be donated are made in their state :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic