Western style living conditions?

softail
Posted
Posted

Try Nuvali Santa Rosa. For me is like the US. When I leave Nuvali I feel like I enter the Philippines, when I re-enter Nuvali I have entered the US again. Lots of expats in the area.

• Like 4

Turbo
Posted
Posted

Thank you HK. That is the kind of info I am looking for.  I will look into it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Turbo said:

Where is if best locations to consider living and Keeping some semblance of a western living condition?

Perhaps google IT Park Cebu and Makati Manila. Western style living.

• Like 5

Turbo
Posted
Posted
On 4/25/2021 at 3:35 PM, manofthecoldland said:

For any physically sound man of your age, w/o the need for tight budgeting, you might be better off focusing on what sort of activities you want to build into your future lifestyle.  The Philippines has a lot of limitations when it comes to providing the variety and number of hobbies and activities that most Americans turn to in their retirement.

If you're coming here single, with undeclared intentions re finding a 'relationship' of some type, ignore the above paragraph, since that will occupy all of your time, directly or indirectly.    

I like to golf a bunch. Had to give it up the last 6 years for work.

• Like 1

Turbo
Posted
Posted

Lots of good tips. I figured I would need to have about 4-5 to research and target. When the time allows. Not too rushed the way things are. 

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Not trying to sound negative here, but... If someone prefers to live in a place that is like the US, then why not just settle in some place in the US? 

Why come to the Philippines at all? Just my thoughts...

You will never find 2 places that are the same within a country, never mind across countries, Tom.  I suppose "like the US" was used very loosely.  

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I suppose "like the US" was used very loosely. 

I disagree... One can find many places that are "the same" or very similar, within any  given country.

I just made a comment based on what was posted, HK... USA has an incredible diversity of locations, climates, etc...

I, personally, chose Philippines because of climate, people, culture. Definitely, the Phils... is not for everyone.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic