Western style living conditions?

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, softail said:

A shrunken head is a severed and specially prepared human head that is used for trophy, ritual, or trade purposes.

Headhunting has occurred in many regions of the world, but the practice of headshrinking has only been documented in the northwestern region of the Amazon rainforest.[1] Jivaroan peopleswhich includes the Shuar, Achuar, Huambisa and Aguaruna tribes from Ecuador and Peru are known to have shrunken human heads.

Shuar people call a shrunken head a tsantsa,[2] also transliterated tzantza. Many tribe leaders would show off their heads to scare enemies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shrunken_head

Wow! Thanks for the explanation... I guess I don't want to move to Equador any time soon? I read, online, a while back, that Equador was affordable and friendly mostly to foreigners.

I spent some time in Vanuatu a few years ago and some of the tribes where I stayed were known to capture, kill and eat foreigner missionaries... But that was many years ago and we were okay with them...

Whatever the case, I am happy and comfortable here in Philippines...

RBM
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I disagree... One can find many places that are "the same" or very similar, within any  given country.

I just made a comment based on what was posted, HK... USA has an incredible diversity of locations, climates, etc...

I, personally, chose Philippines because of climate, people, culture. Definitely, the Phils... is not for everyone.

Chicks Tommy???

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, RBM said:

Chicks Tommy???

I get your point...

Already had mine, RBM... L is definitely a keeper!:smile:

What about the meat pies? None here that I have found yet...

And Speights beer or Cascade Lager??? I do miss those and so many nice wines from NZ land...

Edited by Tommy T.

RBM
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I get your point...

Already had mine, RBM... L is definitely a keeper!:smile:

What about the meat pies? None here that I have found yet...

And Speights beer or Cascade Lager??? I do miss those and so many nice wines from NZ land...

Excellent wines here Tommy, Aussi, NZ and more so South African....but not cheap. Meat pies seem to be available everywhere, do a FB search.

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, RBM said:

Excellent wines here Tommy, Aussi, NZ and more so South African....but not cheap. Meat pies seem to be available everywhere, do a FB search.

I hear you, RBM. But right now there is an alcohol ban. I can (quietly) find Tanduay and Red Horse beer and that's all that is available...

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Meat pies seem to be available everywhere, do a FB search.

I haven't tried that yet. I like meat pies, but they are not on the top of my food list. I really enjoyed them when staying in NZ and 'Stralia... Good meat pies and great beers and wines!!!

However... I think we have drifted off the main topic here regarding Western Style Living Conditions... unless meat pies and wine are on that list? I miss plain old fish and chips, England style!!! Pour on the vinegar!!!

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 3

Shady
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

right now there is an alcohol ban. I can (quietly) find Tanduay and Red Horse beer and that's all that is available...

Where's the ban? 

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Shady said:

Where's the ban? 

Davao City has alcohol ban since November...

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, RBM said:

Would endorse all HK says, I live in near by Bacolod and going to IloIlo is like going back to NZ if one stays uptown. Has everything, lovely wide streets some super upmarket malls and fantastic esplanade.

The only draw back for me is, although the city is amazing, thats it, not so much else to do compared to Negros that I am aware of,this pertains to out doors. 

Well worth checking out for sure.

Yes, agreed.  I guess one of the reasons it's not an ex-pat haven is it doesn't offer much in terms of nature compared to other parts of the country.  Not an issue for me but can be for others.  

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic