New Member Comments on Retirement Visa

Freebie
Posted
Posted

"From what I have been reading, the holders of SRRVs have been treated abominably by this government"

Am in total agreement with you @graham59. We have visa that state Special Reired Resident Visa.

There is nothing special about it, and we certainly arent considered as residents.

I retired here on the basis that this visa was useful, useable and would be functional for many years to come.

Since the start of the pandemic the PRA has seen fit to communicate with me telling me that I needed the above Exit re-entry stamp, and in March 2020 some one from PRA sent an email stating that we should all pray for an end to the pandemic.  That was clealy a wasted email.

I applied for the exit reentry stamp when they clarified the requirements on Feb 16th. They replied once saying " oh we have many people applying so it might take time. 10 weeks later Ive heard nothing. Ive sent requests for info updates 4 times, and continue to hear nothing.

PRA is clearly not interested in its members or think the country is so attractive to retirees that it doesnt need to care about them once they are here.

I wonder how prepared they are for refunding SRRV visa holders who may at some point in the future say " sod this for a game of soldiers.. its time to move on. "

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

What else can be said ? 

Disgraceful situation.  :Mad:

I feel for those people who entrusted their retirement (and hard-earned cash !) to this scheme. :sad:

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
On 4/27/2021 at 11:27 AM, Freebie said:

But then many have it far worse than me, so I dont need to go overboard in my rant.

Someone once pointed out to me: If you look over your shoulder, you will see someone who is worse off than you. If that person looks over hes?her shoulder, he/she will see someone who is worse off than him/her... So take this down the line a long ways and think about the person who looks over his/her shoulder and there is no one there??? hmmm...:huh:

• Sad 2

baronapart
Posted
Posted

I had planned on using the SRRV when I retire. But with this debacle it looks like it is the 13A for me.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Islndjak
Posted
Posted
On 4/23/2021 at 5:00 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Retirement visa has been put on hold for now and who knows if it will be back.  Once your married you can apply for a 13a visa, married to a Filipina.

I spoke with someone in regards to the Srrv it is on hold due to too many chinese using that to enter.

They are redoing the srrv as I also am seeking to get one, my gf and I want to marry but need annulment first

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Islndjak said:

I spoke with someone in regards to the Srrv it is on hold due to too many chinese using that to enter.

They are redoing the srrv as I also am seeking to get one, my gf and I want to marry but need annulment first

Its already been established the the SRRV is no longer on hold but for 50 years and over now. No longer 35 year old Chinese retieries 

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Islndjak said:

No need to speak with anyone, just follow this forum :cheers:.  That info was reported here at least 8 years ago

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 5/25/2021 at 5:26 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

No need to speak with anyone, just follow this forum :cheers:.  That info was reported here at least 8 years ago

We are like the gold mine for all things Philippine expat related.  I wonder if government officials get their info here before making any momentous decisions. :hystery:

• Like 1