Sinovac in Cebu

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Wow Doc Brauer,   Congrats on that. 

I wonder what batch that was from, and how many folks from Carmen received it like you did?  I'm not that far away, in Tabogon, Cebu and I know that health care workers have already received the jab here, but I haven't read about any provincial towns being vaccinated.  My husband and I are now on the town's master list and we were told that as soon as stocks became available, local eligible townsfolk would be notified. No specifics though.

I was under the impression that Cebu City eligible folks would be served first before the province towns when stocks became available, but maybe that won't be the case.

Any insights or news that you could share would be much appreciated. 

Have any other Cebu expats had the jab, or have any news about how it will be distributed? 

I know that there is a large amount of hesitancy here among eligible folks, but I'm sure there are still many that would want to get it if stocks become available of any vaccine.

Queenie

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

Have any other Cebu expats had the jab, or have any news about how it will be distributed? 

It was announce a day or two ago vaccination in Cebu city has stopped because out of stock. 

To register in Cebu city, https://mics.cebucity.gov.ph/vims/page/register.

• Thanks 2

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

It was announce a day or two ago vaccination in Cebu city has stopped because out of stock. 

To register in Cebu city, https://mics.cebucity.gov.ph/vims/page/register.

Yes JGF

I get the Sunstar Cebu daily delivered every day, and lately the daily mantra headline mentions No New Stocks Available Yet  :bonk: story on page 2..

• Sad 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

Yes JGF

I get the Sunstar Cebu daily delivered every day, and lately the daily mantra headline mentions No New Stocks Available Yet  :bonk: story on page 2..

Remember the 3 most popular words in Philippines... "wait lang po" ... followed by  "out of stock".....

• Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Not in Cebu, but here in Iloilo they have only accepted registration for the elderly (health workers already done) and those residing in the city itself as far as I can see.  No mention of foreigners not being included so maybe this was a wrong assumption many of us made.  Fingers crossed that I'll get it sometime this year.  

• Like 1

insite
Posted
Posted (edited)

There are many conflicting thoughts and scientific opinions as to the effectiveness of Sinovac.

Undoubtedly this will very much depend on who you are listening to .......

Who here is listening to whom ?

Edited by insite
  • Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, hk blues said:

Fingers crossed that I'll get it sometime this year.  

Covid or vaccine ?  :whistling:

• Haha 5

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
On 4/27/2021 at 6:45 PM, Doc Brauer said:

I got the sinovac jab today in Carmen, Cebu. Price was free. Scheduled for second  jab in 4 weeks. Currently for 60 years and up. 

Hello Doc Brauer,

I saw pics of seniors in Carmen, who like you received the first jab.  That was heartening to know that Carmen had received some doses for seniors, and I'm glad for you and the others. Hopefully other towns in Cebu province in time will get some too.:smile:  Thanks for sharing.

Queenie

• Like 2

RobH
Posted
Posted

I was reading a British newspaper online, which said that the EU and the UK wouldn't accept any one entering that didn't have a inoculation approved by the European drug administration.

This effectively puts the block on the Russian and the Chinese versions if you need to come back for any reason. I dont think you can have 2 different types mixed together, but I may be wrong here.

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic