Philippines travel ban lifted May 1st.....

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I know you've been waiting to return for some time now Brett. 

graham59
Posted
Posted

As posted on the BI Facebook page, about 25 minutes ago:

30 April 2021
PRESS RELEASE
Aliens with immigrant, non-immigrant visas may enter PH beginning May 1
PASAY, Philippines—Bureau of Immigration (BI) Commissioner Jaime Morente announced that they will be implementing the resolution of the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-MEID) allowing the entry of aliens with valid and existing visas beginning May 1.
According to the BI, this includes aliens with existing immigrant and non-immigrant visas.
“In compliance to the IATF ruling, foreign residents, students, investors, and workers who are holding valid and existing visas may now return to the Philippines,” said Morente.
Additionally, foreign nationals qualified under the government’s Republic Act No. 6768 or the Balikbayan Program may also be allowed to enter visa free.
The said program allows the spouse and the children of a Filipino national traveling with the Filipino spouse or parent, or a former Filipino who has acquired the citizenship of another country, to enter visa free if part of the 157 countries covered by EO 408.
Morente added that foreign nationals who are holders of valid and existing Special Resident and Retirees Visa (SRRV) or Section 9(a) temporary visitors’ visas, may be allowed entry provided they present an entry exemption document issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs upon arrival.
Arriving passengers, except for diplomats and members of international organizations holding Section 9(e) visas, are required to present a pre-booked accommodation for at least 7 nights in an accredited quarantine hotel of facility, and are subject to Covid-19 testing at the quarantine facility on the 6th day from date of arrival.
According to BI Port Operations Division Chief Atty. Carlos Capulong, they will still be implementing previous regulation on the presentation of valid pre-booked quarantine accommodation.
“Those who fail to present their quarantine arrangements shall be denied entry and shall be boarded immediately on the next available flight back to their port of origin,” said Capulong.
The BI also added that following previous IATF ruling, those coming from India or have a travel history to India within the last 14 days preceding arrival are still barred from entering until May 14.
  • Thanks 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Morente added that foreign nationals who are holders of valid and existing Special Resident and Retirees Visa (SRRV) or Section 9(a) temporary visitors’ visas, may be allowed entry provided they present an entry exemption document issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs upon arrival.

Having applied for the said  entry exit permit now 10 weeks ago ( and having recieved no reply to the 5 emails Ive sent to the servicing address enquiring when I can expect the exit reentry permit )  )  Im not holding my breath about being able to make a trip anytime in the first half of this year.....sadly.......

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

Yes...the theory of it is all well and good, but. :no:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Looks the same as they had a few months ago. No tourist.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted

No tourists.    No unaccompanied spouse.     No 'Parent of a Filipino Child', unless parent is a Filipino. 

• Sad 6

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

No unaccompanied spouse.

I dont know,

Philippines lifts ban on entry of foreigners starting May 1 | Philstar.com

But the way I read this article, if a foreign spouse holds a valid visa, (13a?) they may enter as long as they have prearranged Quarantine hotel and test and the like, they are even letting in valid SSRV types. At least that is what the full article in the hands on newspaper said. It seems they truncated the article for the online addition.

I would for sure double tap with the nearest embassy to make sure.

• Hmm thinking 1