Another Taste of Home???

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

When I went to S & R last week for the first time in over a month, I was impressed with the new stock. Lots of non-sari sari store goods along with the usual Filipino favourites, of course.

I have been experimenting with buying various meats there and happened across another winner!

I picked up a package of S & R Brand T-bone steak. It had three pieces, each about 1 inch thick, but only one (the top, display piece, of course!) had both parts of the bone - the sirloin and fillet cuts. Well, even the sirloin side was tasty and juicy and somewhat tender. No, these were not like you will find at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse but, after careful barbecuing to a minimal degree, they were all fairly tender and very good. These were maybe the second best we have enjoyed here. The best, so far, were some steaks that L bought at Lisa Meats in the local Gaisano Mall - I don't remember exactly now, but the meat was wonderful and the price was prohibitive... Great for a once in a long time treat!

I have bought the NZ cuts before and found them to be superior, but a bit pricey. The Montana Meats brand are okay, but quite chewy, as are the Australian cuts (sorry, my Oz mates).

• Like 5