Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I like to swim laps for exercise.  Any chance I could find a gym in a major city like Cebu with an indoor, heated lap pool?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've swam in many hotel pools but never once found a heated one.  The ambient temperature of the air seams good enough.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Manager
6 hours ago, LastOneIn said:

I like to swim laps for exercise.  Any chance I could find a gym in a major city like Cebu with an indoor, heated lap pool?

Because of the cold and snow here most pools are heated. :smile:  Honestly why would they heat a pool here? Most pools are out door.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, LastOneIn said:

I like to swim laps for exercise.  Any chance I could find a gym in a major city like Cebu with an indoor, heated lap pool?

Short answer... yes to the pool... theres a YMCA that had one last time I was there... probably a few more.... but "heated" though??? Like JGF said... no need... if anything they need to be cooled down !!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Crazy,  why on earth would anyone want a heated pool here........

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RBM said:

Crazy,  why on earth would anyone want a heated pool here........

To be fair, he was quite specific about what he was looking for, a heated indoor pool for laps. Nobody would heat an outdoor pool here but if indoor maybe he is concerned about the a/c?

In Hong Kong our apartment pool was heated and it was outdoor so it's not such a crazy concept.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RBM said:

Crazy,  why on earth would anyone want a heated pool here........

Agreed. Back many years ago I swam laps every day in an indoor heated pool. I found that I would get overheated after several laps and would have welcomed it if it were cooler - although not heated in Seattle might mean hypothermia.

I prefer quite cool water for the laps because I can swim farther without the heat stress. Heated would be okay for just splashing around, I think. And most pools I have seen or been in at resorts are not usually big enough nor designed for lap swimming.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Agreed. Back many years ago I swam laps every day in an indoor heated pool. I found that I would get overheated after several laps and would have welcomed it if it were cooler - although not heated in Seattle might mean hypothermia.

I prefer quite cool water for the laps because I can swim farther without the heat stress. Heated would be okay for just splashing around, I think. And most pools I have seen or been in at resorts are not usually big enough nor designed for lap swimming.

Where I swim on a regular basis its very cold spring water which now I enjoy. Was a struggle first few times, now after an hour or so I feel great, very invigorated.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...