Building a Floating Net Platform for Lobster 'grow-out' Aquaculture #2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Did I read the post correctly.  You now live on a small island near Davao?  If that is correct I would be interested in hearing more about the island and the challenges of living on a small island.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

Did I read the post correctly.  You now live on a small island near Davao?  If that is correct I would be interested in hearing more about the island and the challenges of living on a small island.

No we live at the northernmost most point of Mindanao, about 14 kilometers outside the Surigao City proper. We are locate at the inlet of the Philippine Sea and I guess would be refereed to as the headwaters of the Surigao Straight. From here I am only a hour boat ride from our Dinagat Island farm.  I prefer not to talk too much about the island on this thread as it would retract from intent of the thread topic. It would take the thread way off topic. This thread will be following the construction of of a floating mariculture platform and all the details involved with that project. Then follow the stock which will be housed in the net, from 2-4gram early-stage Pueruli to 500gram marketable size marketable size Sub-adults. A process usually covering 12-14 months. So stay on ton will be important  A complete 'How to' step-by-step guide. The value for readers is not so-much the platform, because there are infinite ways to build a facility (mine is just my way). But there is only one way to properly house, feed and care for housed stock. That is the true intent of the thread, to provide factual knowledge enabling an edge to maximize a potential profit.

What I will do though, is to start a new thread today about life living on a tiny private island, on a shoestring budget. And with luck will not be too boring.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

James, we totally understand keeping some facts vague on a forum. :thumbsup:

I would be interested to learn more about a simple life on a rural island. Sometimes sharing the little "boring" stories are the very best ones to follow. Just share what you're comfortable with.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jamesmusslewhite said:

What I will do though, is to start a new thread today about life living on a tiny private island, on a shoestring budget. And with luck will not be too boring.

I will be looking forward to the new thread.  Thanks in advance.

• Like 1