No more 35 year old Chinese allowed!

184973560_10216828100769533_5069159982743064099_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love it 1

Gator
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the update OMW. Might be an option if they don’t open up the borders by this fall for tourists. I’ll have too research it a bit as I only have a vague idea of the process and time line to obtain an SRRV and even if can be done from the USA. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gator said:

Thanks for the update OMW. Might be an option if they don’t open up the borders by this fall for tourists. I’ll have too research it a bit as I only have a vague idea of the process and time line to obtain an SRRV and even if can be done from the USA. 

Here's a guide

https://pra.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/SRRV-Info-Guide-04.14.15.pdf

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

Yes... this might be an option for me also.  

Thanks for the informaion.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Just wait ten minutes and the rules will change once more.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Unless they have changed the rules there is no way to do from the US.  You could do the medical part but opening a bank account in Philippines without being present, dont see how thats possible. This is the land that wants to see ID's and loves getting you to fill in many forms especially banks.

Plus you need to do fingerprinting in DFA and then when the visa and SRRV is done theres some totally waste of time "oath taking " in person in front of a PRA person.etc etc.

If theyve changed the rules maybe its ok to do from overseas now but I doubt it.

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

How can we make things as illogical and complicated as possible, so that our jobs are safe, and the lives of those dreadful 'poor' people and 'aliens' are made an expensive misery ?   :89:

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Gator said:

Looks like you can start it from overseas but then????

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Freebie said:

If theyve changed the rules maybe its ok to do from overseas now but I doubt it.

You used to be able to apply for an SRRV visa at an embassy in your home country, I'm not sure why that wouldn't still be the case?

Gator
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Looks like you can start it from overseas but then????

Exactly. From my limited research it looks like you need to be in the Philippines to complete it. In the  guide that JGF posted (and thanks again for that) it states you must be in the Phils. But as we already know, the rules seem to change daily.

When I have time I’ll try to email the embassy here in the USA and the PRA directly.