Sinovac or Astrozeneca?

DaveB
Posted
Posted

I got the Phizer shots from the VA during May - they've been giving them to those registered with the VA medical program.  Had absolutely no adverse reaction (and I'm 72 years old with an assortment of underlying conditions).

My Filipina wife is bugged about the decision to not reveal what vaccine you're getting.  She has an adverse opinion of the Sino version, but it's based more on opinion than fact.  I found some of the above comments about it in this thread to be interesting and will have her read them.  I believe by the end of the year, having that vaccine card is going to be required to go anywhere - and I'd like her to get into that "any vaccine is better than no vaccine" mode.  

Interesting that Subic is rolling it out.  I heard that here (Angeles City) it is being rolled out at the Barangay level, but they're currently focusing on elderly only. 

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, DaveB said:

Interesting that Subic is rolling it out. 

Subic Freeport has to beg, borrow and steal to get vaccines.  Why?  Because they are not an LGU and the entire DOH vaccine program is based on LGUs.  So SBMA actually got their vaccines from Olongapo.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

My friend had his done on Monday and had the AZ version. I have registered this morning at the local health unit.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

So far on Boracay Sinovac is the order of the day. Over 60s getting it now but so far only 3 foreigners on the list of 124 vaccinated. Good old data protection as they listed everyone's name on line. They are also taking names of those over 18 for vaccination as I get the feeling many are not interested. 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

hk blues
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

... as I get the feeling many are not interested. 

That's worrying for the rest of us - the less effective the roll-out is the longer the restrictions will continue for us all

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, hk blues said:

That's worrying for the rest of us - the less effective the roll-out is the longer the restrictions will continue for us all

I've known the security guard at our nearby Mercury for over 5 years.  Nice guy and my kids always enjoyed seeing him on our visits, pre-covid.

I few weeks ago I asked him if he was considered a front-liner, working at a drug store.  He said it didn't matter as he is not interested in getting a vaccine.  That surprised me but I didn't ask for details on why.  He is probably 35-40, apparently in good health.

• Thanks 1

Yeochief
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

VA announced they will offer vaccinations for military dependents 12 and up.

TRICARE and VA are different.  Right now VA Manila will vaccinate all enrolled Veterans at VA Manila, slow process.  After all Veterans enrolled at VA Manila have been vaccinated, they will vaccinate Veterans and spouses/caregivers that are not seen at VA Manila.  Have to register to get the phone call for appointment to get vaccine.   COVID-19 vaccines at VA | Veterans Affairs  I'm 62 and get treatment at VA Manila and really don't expect to get my phone call until September or later, slow process.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I've known the security guard at our nearby Mercury for over 5 years.  Nice guy and my kids always enjoyed seeing him on our visits, pre-covid.

I few weeks ago I asked him if he was considered a front-liner, working at a drug store.  He said it didn't matter as he is not interested in getting a vaccine.  That surprised me but I didn't ask for details on why.  He is probably 35-40, apparently in good health.

For me, it's just another indication of the basic lack of trust normal people here have for "authority".  

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
On 5/26/2021 at 5:27 PM, Yeochief said:

TRICARE and VA are different

To true, but on the off chance I called our local Tri-care rep and asked if Tri-care was funding the jab here...as expected all I got was :huh-huh:....have plenty of time all I wasted was load :hystery:

On 5/26/2021 at 5:27 PM, Yeochief said:

don't expect to get my phone call until September or later, slow process.

Again, agree, so will just get the city jab. We are supposed to get it next week at one of the local malls.

21 hours ago, hk blues said:

basic lack of trust normal people here have for "authority".  

Not just here. The black population in the states is very hesitant due to their experiences in the past even worse that the government sponsored polio vaccine fiasco here.

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic