Sinovac or Astrozeneca?

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted (edited)

I got my first dose of Astra-Zeneca about two hours ago here in Davao.

I just pre-registered as an A3 person with comorbidities last night and also registered my A2 MIL (just turned 68) as well (We have a QR code tracking system in place here in Davao wherein we all have a QR "pass" to carry and I used that website avenue which just opened up as a registration portal.)

This morning, my wife talked to her friend who told her we should go to a nearby vax site, so we did. They allowed my MIL as they're working on the over-60 group but also allowed me to get the vax, out-of-schedule (I'm 57), but refused her. Not everyone present was an oldster, either.

Overall, it was a well-organized affair. BP check, wait, register, "counseling", jab, observation with another BP check, exit. The waiting to begin was the longest part.

I'm happy that I got the AZ. Irrationally, I did not want the Sinovac. So far, no side-effects at all but it's early.

Edited by JDDavao
  • Like 1
  • Love it 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Queenie O. said:

Pretty tacky for that foreigner you mentioned to have possibly jumped the line, if he wasn't eligible though. Maybe he just looked younger?

No, he is an honest guy.  He looks young because he is very fit.  Retired military, he has been working for military contractors for a while but I think he retired now.  He recently married the sister of another friend and neighbor.

• Like 2

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

I got my first dose of Astra-Zeneca about two hours ago here in Davao.

I just pre-registered as an A3 person with comorbidities last night and also registered my A2 MIL (just turned 68) as well (We have a QR code tracking system in place here in Davao wherein we all have a QR "pass" to carry and I used that website avenue which just opened up as a registration portal.)

This morning, my wife talked to her friend who told her we should go to a nearby vax site, so we did. They allowed my MIL as they're working on the over-60 group but also allowed me to get the vax, out-of-schedule (I'm 57), but refused her. Not everyone present was an oldster, either.

Overall, it was a well-organized affair. BP check, wait, register, "counseling", jab, observation with another BP check, exit. The waiting to begin was the longest part.

I'm happy that I got the AZ. Irrationally, I did not want the Sinovac. So far, no side-effects at all but it's early.

That's great JD. 

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I got the AZ jab this morning.  No side effects yet.  In fact, this was the first injection I have ever had where I felt NOTHING!  Not even a pin prick.  I doubted that she even gave it to me until I got home and saw blood on the cotton.

I arrived at 8 am.  They opened at 8:30.  I left at 10:30.  There were probably 50 people ahead of me when I arrived.  The 30 minute early arrival was wasted because at 8:30 they said "seniors go over here" without regard to where you were in line.  I was #45 senior and seniors went first.  It was fairly organized.

This is the renovated Subic Gymnasium where they give the shots.  My first time to see the renovation.  Very nice and it was cool.

192944843_955358258613399_7502186633636091018_n.jpg

Lots of expats.  Happened to be 4 in front of me when I took this pick.  I ran into a few people I know.  An American I know was there and I thought he was about 50 but he said he just turned 60 and snuck in under the wire!

187871663_880194999227302_9110650632102515997_n.jpg

Nice report one question was there a charge for the jab? if so how much. Things here Bacolod very slow, not met anyone yet whom has had it,

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, RBM said:

Nice report one question was there a charge for the jab? if so how much. Things here Bacolod very slow, not met anyone yet whom has had it,

Completely free.  The vaccines came from DOH via Olongapo.  SBFZ is not an LGU so they did not have an allocation, but they worked something out.

BTW, Olongapo seems to be doing well with their program.  They are now at the A4 level.  And we know some people that just walked in and got a jab.  However, they have a mix of Sinovac and AZ.

194885021_3762278047228362_5895108391410602683_n.jpg

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

After 24 hours, no side effects for me.  No sore arm.  I was tired this morning but hard to tell it that was just normal tiredness, or due to the vac.

This is a relief for me because a few times in the past when I have had flu vaccines, I actually get the flu!

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

After 24 hours, no side effects for me.  No sore arm.  I was tired this morning but hard to tell it that was just normal tiredness, or due to the vac.

This is a relief for me because a few times in the past when I have had flu vaccines, I actually get the flu!

Well  old good luck to you, I am some what in the group of wait and see.

Being realistic its going to be hard to travel unless one is jabbed, yesterday tried to call and send sms messages to local LGU and Barangay still waiting on replies and a fone to pick up.....Have heard from other expats here that we are not eligible until all locals are done. Kinda weird how different locations appear to have different rules.

• Hmm thinking 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, RBM said:

Well  old good luck to you, I am some what in the group of wait and see.

Being realistic its going to be hard to travel unless one is jabbed, yesterday tried to call and send sms messages to local LGU and Barangay still waiting on replies and a fone to pick up.....Have heard from other expats here that we are not eligible until all locals are done. Kinda weird how different locations appear to have different rules.

We have completed the forms for registration - there is no mention of nationality on them so I believe in my area it will not be the case of foreigners last.  Again, such a policy makes no sense as the virus doesn't discriminate in such a way. Then again, we are where we are so...

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

We have completed the forms for registration - there is no mention of nationality on them so I believe in my area it will not be the case of foreigners last.  Again, such a policy makes no sense as the virus doesn't discriminate in such a way. Then again, we are where we are so...

Here in the Freeport, foreigners run a majority of the import / export businesses that makes the freeport a thriving economic area.  It was never on the table that they might not be eligible the same way a Filipino is.  The Freeport would have a lot to lose if they alienate the foreigners.  I was A2 in the DOH group. 

A1 Health Workers

A2 Seniors

A3 Adults with Comorbidities

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

Slight fever and slightly sore jab arm yesterday with the first AZ dose. Both gone today.

Am able now to do math in my head, though, thanks to the chip from Mister Gates. :smile:

• Haha 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic