Miss Universe 2021. Miss Mexico wins

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

My wife says online Filipinos are calling the 2021 Miss Universe Pageant a cooking show as the results were cooked. Miss Philippines came in at 24th not a bad showing. Miss Mexico won. 

Miss Mexico;

D346A889-4EE9-4FB7-A5D9-DDA0D7814A8C.jpeg

Miss Philippines;

43A02A23-69FE-477F-B0A3-4DC9BDA05FEC.jpeg

Edited by Old55
  • Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Old55 said:

My wife says online Filipinos are calling the 2021 Miss Universe Pageant a cooking show as the results were cooked. Miss Philippines came in at 24th not a bad showing. Miss Mexico won. 

Miss Mexico;

D346A889-4EE9-4FB7-A5D9-DDA0D7814A8C.jpeg

Miss Philippines;

43A02A23-69FE-477F-B0A3-4DC9BDA05FEC.jpeg

My wife became very animated at the decision - she said it makes no sense based on Miss Mexico's answers in the Q&A section.  She was philosophical about Miss Philippines' showing. 

• Like 2

baronapart
Posted
Posted (edited)

My wife said. "Look the crown doesn't even fit her head." She was not a fan of Miss Mexico))). We both felt Miss Peru or Miss India should have won. Usually I don't have in interest in such things but when you are married to a Filipina your options are limited.)))

Edited by baronapart
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

My wife filmed me during the competition and captured this.

• Haha 3

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Not an unexpected result at Guy F World Headquarters, since Miss Mexico wore a bikini bottom that was cut slightly lower in the front.

• Hmm thinking 1

Jack D
Posted
Posted

When Miss Philippines didn't make it to the top 10, my and I stopped watching . There seems to be less interest in this type of contest in the States, since none of the English language channels broadcasted Miss Universe this year. It was only available on Telemundo (a Spanish language TV network) and YouTube. Last but not least, my asawa missed seeing Steve Harvey as the host.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I am looking forward to when the Philippines will send a true Filipina beauty to the event instead of women who get their "beauty" from the foreign side of the family.  What caught my attention was that the USA, Great Britain, and Canada entrants were all women of color.   Nice to see that in some countries skin tone does not have be the defining factor when determining beauty.

• Thanks 1
  • I'm Confused 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Mike J said:

I am looking forward to when the Philippines will send a true Filipina beauty to the event instead of women who get their "beauty" from the foreign side of the family.  What caught my attention was that the USA, Great Britain, and Canada entrants were all women of color.   Nice to see that in some countries skin tone does not have be the defining factor when determining beauty.

Exactly, lets see the true beauties of Philippines!

• Like 2
  • I'm Confused 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

I think like most things these days there's a lot of pandering to sections of the community that shout the loudest. 

Beauty pageants are frowned upon in some countries as feminists think it sexualises women so the women who love that sort of thing suffer the fall out. 

Personally anyone that needs as much makeup as those contestants aren't beautiful in my eyes. Throw in someone makes their outfits, teaches them walk a certain way and how to answer questions it's all a bit fake to me. 

A bit like winning Masterchef when someone else has sourced, cooked and plated the food for you. 

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I think like most things these days there's a lot of pandering to sections of the community that shout the loudest. 

Beauty pageants are frowned upon in some countries as feminists think it sexualises women so the women who love that sort of thing suffer the fall out. 

Personally anyone that needs as much makeup as those contestants aren't beautiful in my eyes. Throw in someone makes their outfits, teaches them walk a certain way and how to answer questions it's all a bit fake to me. 

A bit like winning Masterchef when someone else has sourced, cooked and plated the food for you. 

To be fair Snowy, I don't think it's a serious contest in the sense that anyone actually thinks the winner is the most beautiful women on earth (or the universe in this case) - it's entertainment and nothing more.  And the make-up, costumes etc etc are just part of the show. It's so popular here because of the glamour and escape it provides IMO. 

• Like 2