Miss Universe 2021. Miss Mexico wins

soupeod
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Mike J said:

I am looking forward to when the Philippines will send a true Filipina beauty to the event instead of women who get their "beauty" from the foreign side of the family.  What caught my attention was that the USA, Great Britain, and Canada entrants were all women of color.   Nice to see that in some countries skin tone does not have be the defining factor when determining beauty.

I think the Philippines and the aforementioned countries all have dark skin beauties with mixed blood, not native to said country. 
Spanish blood is prevalent in the PI, Spain is in Europe. Are you saying white foreigners who bred with a mixed blood Filipinas are not the best choices? Lol

Michael H
Posted
Posted

My girlfriend was extremely annoyed by this result... though she did think Miss Philippines wasn't good enough for top 10. "She has good teeth but didn't smile enough". We didn't venture into the Q&A answers, I just agreed and moved on... ;)

hk blues
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Michael H said:

My girlfriend was extremely annoyed by this result... though she did think Miss Philippines wasn't good enough for top 10. "She has good teeth but didn't smile enough". We didn't venture into the Q&A answers, I just agreed and moved on... ;)

Likewise.  It seems strange that the overwhelming majority of folk here think Miss Mexico shouldn't have won - to me, any one of them could equally have won.  My wife was convinced it should have been Peru then India.  She's over it now though! 

• Like 1

baronapart
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I think like most things these days there's a lot of pandering to sections of the community that shout the loudest. 

Beauty pageants are frowned upon in some countries as feminists think it sexualises women so the women who love that sort of thing suffer the fall out. 

Personally anyone that needs as much makeup as those contestants aren't beautiful in my eyes. Throw in someone makes their outfits, teaches them walk a certain way and how to answer questions it's all a bit fake to me. 

A bit like winning Masterchef when someone else has sourced, cooked and plated the food for you. 

I tried explaining this to my wife. Judging from the look she gave me I might as well have been trying to explain the Theory of Relativity))))

Edited by baronapart
  • Haha 2

Michael H
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, baronapart said:

I tried explaining this to my wife. Judging from the look she gave me I might as well have been trying to explain the Theory of Relativity))))

You tried to argue using logic? Whatever were you thinking? ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, baronapart said:

... the Theory of Relativity))))

Is that the 1 Island Rule? :tongue:

• Haha 1