Plummeting Education Standards Are a National Emergency

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Great effort Mike. The World needs more people like yourself and your good lady. 

I'll echo that

• Thanks 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 5/21/2021 at 5:12 PM, Tommy T. said:
On 5/21/2021 at 11:33 AM, earthdome said:

As it is said, history is written by the victors.

I think I just noted that is not always the case? But I think your comment is mostly correct.

That saying is just a short cut way of communicating that all too often the history someone learns does not reflect what really happened but the reality that those in power want you to believe. Just like news (next years history) is often spun in ways to further the agenda, profit or protect those who are in currently in power.

The book 1984 was intended to be a warning, not an instruction manual for those currently in power.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 5/24/2021 at 10:22 PM, earthdome said:

The book 1984 was intended to be a warning, not an instruction manual for those currently in power.

The book makes me think of what life must be like in North Korea. 

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Just thought i would put my two penneth in! From where i am sitting i can see a nephew working as a mining Engineer in Australia, his Brother a Geologist in Canada, another Brother a Doctor in Saudia Arabia, and  their Sister an Accountant all from one family, from another family a Nephew is a priest in Legazpi, his sister is an online nursing adviser for a group of 5 US Hospitals, and their sister is a Marine Biologist in Masbate  ! All taught in local colleges, and another Nephew has his own Dental practice here in Los Banos !

• Like 5