green Lane for fully vaxxed tourist what about non vaxxed

Islndjak
Posted
Posted

I am not vaxed, for many reasons I am on steroids which eliminates the majority of the vaxes, and other are on hold due to side effects, and I have an illness I have been told to stay away from vaxes, and third I am allergic to some of the chemicals in the vax.

How does not being vaxed affect my entry into the PH.

Any comments or suggestions.

thanks

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately as you know Immigration to Philippines is in flux at this time. The rules are changing daily and from one region to another. An unvaccinated tourist will likely have to wait until sometime next year. Wishing you luck that somehow you can visit sooner than later. :tiphat:

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Islndjak said:

I am not vaxed, for many reasons I am on steroids which eliminates the majority of the vaxes, and other are on hold due to side effects, and I have an illness I have been told to stay away from vaxes, and third I am allergic to some of the chemicals in the vax.

How does not being vaxed affect my entry into the PH.

Any comments or suggestions.

thanks

Seeing the somewhat heartless way even some of the locals are treated I think you could safely say that if they decide on any vaccine passport being required they will be strict with it. 

Explorer
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Seeing the somewhat heartless way even some of the locals are treated I think you could safely say that if they decide on any vaccine passport being required they will be strict with it. 

Currently seniors over 65 are not suppose to even leave their houses, who know what the future hold, seniors not allowed to book an hotel? Not allowed in domestic flights, in ferries? Can you complain? "it is for your safety sir"...

How they are going to maintain a vaccination passport when yearly boosters are probably required to maintain virus protection, are they able vaccinate the entire population on a yearly basis?

Just heard that Israel, where vaccination rate is one of the highest, they canceled the use of vaccination passport starting June 1st, that's great news, can the PH be in this position one day? Who knows...

Edited by Explorer

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Explorer said:

How they are going to maintain a vaccination passport when yearly boosters are probably required to maintain virus protection, are they able vaccinate the entire population on a yearly basis?

I'm not sure the annual booster is actually a confirmed requirement but regardless, the same system to validate the original shots will suffice for the booster - why wouldn't it?  If they aren't able to vaccinate everyone then they won't have the system just as there is no such system now.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, DaveB said:

As I mentioned before: I don't think they officially know what to do with vaccinated people yet, because they've seen so few of them.  No discussion in the "official" LGU requirements postings regarding vaccinated people.

Yep, when you've only vaccinated 3 or 4% of the population you don't need to have the discussion.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, DaveB said:

I'll find out next Wednesday.  I've done all I can do, and next week I'll do the only thing I have left: I'll go and see what happens. 

I hope you make it!  We called a couple of resorts in Morong and no dice for the 5 and 7 year old.  Super-spreaders, kids are.

• 1 month later...
DaveB
Posted
Posted

To close out this thread, I still haven't made it to Morong.  We went in for the COVID tests and, as I think I mentioned in a different post thread, damned if my maid didn't come up positive.  Totally asymptomatic, but they slapped her in a quarantine hotel for two weeks, and my wife and I had to home quarantine.  (Still wondering if it was a false positive). By the time that was all over, Bataan closed down due to Delta variant tremors, and has been closed ever since.  Hoping it opens up on Aug 1, but thus far they keep extending it for two weeks at a time - with the usual 24 hour notice that seems to plague Filipino decision making.  So...still sitting tight.  Mariveles got designated a COVID hot spot last week, so not sure how much that is going to ripple up and down the peninsula.

• Sad 5

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic