green Lane for fully vaxxed tourist what about non vaxxed

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Sorry to hear that Dave. Thankfully you and your wife did not become infected too.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 7/24/2021 at 2:33 PM, DaveB said:

To close out this thread, I still haven't made it to Morong.  We went in for the COVID tests and, as I think I mentioned in a different post thread, damned if my maid didn't come up positive.  Totally asymptomatic, but they slapped her in a quarantine hotel for two weeks, and my wife and I had to home quarantine.  (Still wondering if it was a false positive). By the time that was all over, Bataan closed down due to Delta variant tremors, and has been closed ever since.  Hoping it opens up on Aug 1, but thus far they keep extending it for two weeks at a time - with the usual 24 hour notice that seems to plague Filipino decision making.  So...still sitting tight.  Mariveles got designated a COVID hot spot last week, so not sure how much that is going to ripple up and down the peninsula.

As much as I admire your tenacity, just can't help but wonder why bother with travel at this time. There are so many places we want to go, some I have even paid for an Air BNB but unable to go. To jump through so many hoops, deal with at times, stupidity I just prefer at this moment in time to sit tight.

• Like 1

DaveB
Posted
Posted

I'd agree, but I'm kinda stuck with an extra urgency.  My current lease expires in November.  We want to find our final nest...which means first going to some places we're really interested in to see if we want to actually live there.  Morong, from afar, seems to be a potential excellent match to what we're seeking, so we need to get there in the next month or so and decide if it is.  If so, we need to then home in on the area and look to buy a house, or whatever.  So we're pushing through the travel fiascos to see if we can make that happen.  We have some "plan B" stuff lined up - like just lease for another year and build a house, and if we ultimately don't find a geographical area we like more than Angeles City, we'll just stay in Angeles City.  Got a lot of "plan A" vs. "plan B and C" going on right now.  So...travel restrictions are just another part of a larger tap dance. 

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, DaveB said:

I'd agree, but I'm kinda stuck with an extra urgency.  My current lease expires in November.  We want to find our final nest...which means first going to some places we're really interested in to see if we want to actually live there.  Morong, from afar, seems to be a potential excellent match to what we're seeking, so we need to get there in the next month or so and decide if it is.  If so, we need to then home in on the area and look to buy a house, or whatever.  So we're pushing through the travel fiascos to see if we can make that happen.  We have some "plan B" stuff lined up - like just lease for another year and build a house, and if we ultimately don't find a geographical area we like more than Angeles City, we'll just stay in Angeles City.  Got a lot of "plan A" vs. "plan B and C" going on right now.  So...travel restrictions are just another part of a larger tap dance. 

Be inclined if moving there consider a years lease before buying.

• Like 4

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic