Exiting the Philippines without ACR-I card?

intrepid
Posted
Posted

So as mentioned before in other posts we are going back to the states with a departure date of June 2 @ 8am.  After purchasing our tickets I realized my ACR car expires May 27.  So a few weeks back we went to BI for renewal.  The time frame was close but the officer said if it did not get issued by end of May I could get a waiver.  Nice.  Today I checked and found it has not been issued and the waiver process takes a week to process.  So, may I exit without the ACR card/ waiver, or am I stuck and have to cancel our plans and wait for the waiver or card to be issued to re-book?  :unsure:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, intrepid said:

So a few weeks back we went to BI for renewal. 

So you have a receipt or stamp in the passport? 

intrepid
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

So you have a receipt or stamp in the passport? 

Yes I have the receipt and was thinking that might work but then I remembered them telling me if the card did not release in time I could get a waver. However, I like I mentioned, the waver takes 7 days.  I'm running out of time.   I contacted a friend at the local BI office who used to work at the main office and he seems to think he can speed up the release for me.  He is going to let me know later this morning.:89:  Hoping!

Edited by intrepid
  • Like 4

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Looks I am will be good to go.  My friend gave me information for his contact at BI who has assured me my card will be ready for pickup on Friday.  Wow! :dance:  Another close call averted.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, intrepid said:

Another close call averted.

Glad to hear that. I was only going to comment, based on my traveling. I did not need the card to leave, but if memory serves I needed it when returning as proof I did not need a exit flight

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, intrepid said:

Looks I am will be good to go.  My friend gave me information for his contact at BI who has assured me my card will be ready for pickup on Friday.  Wow! :dance:  Another close call averted.

29 minutes ago, scott h said:

Glad to hear that. I was only going to comment, based on my traveling. I did not need the card to leave, but if memory serves I needed it when returning as proof I did not need a exit flight

I think you still have to get ECC-B at the airport???  That requires the ACR card.  If you can get it at BI, fine, but I think ECC-B is only done at the airport.  They might do it at Intramuros if you are going there.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

They might do it at Intramuros if you are going there.

Yep, they do, I always get mine there,,,but I am only 30 min away and we just combine it with out weekly day out....prepandemic ofcourse lololol

• Like 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted

I flew out last month and they didn't ask for my ACR card. I presented it but she waived it away, she only wanted to see my ECC and also my visa extension paperwork which I wasn't expecting, I did have it with me luckily.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Heeb said:

I flew out last month and they didn't ask for my ACR card. I presented it but she waived it away, she only wanted to see my ECC and also my visa extension paperwork which I wasn't expecting, I did have it with me luckily.

You are not on a 13a13a, they nail you at the airport for p2880 ECC-B fee and you show them the ACR as part of that process.

• Like 3