Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

You are not on a 13a13a, they nail you at the airport for p2880 ECC-B fee and you show them the ACR as part of that process.

One way or the other they get your money,...always.  No big deal now.  I think we have everything in order.  Thanks all:tiphat:

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do not recall being asked for my ACR card to exit so long as I have my Exit Clearance but if you want to get an ECC at the airport you may have to show your ACR card to get that.  Catch 22.  Were I

Yes I have the receipt and was thinking that might work but then I remembered them telling me if the card did not release in time I could get a waver. However, I like I mentioned, the waver takes 7 da

Looks I am will be good to go.  My friend gave me information for his contact at BI who has assured me my card will be ready for pickup on Friday.  Wow!   Another close call averted.

  • Forum Manager

08 June 2021
PRESS RELEASE 
Aliens with BI-approved visas can still leave sans ACR I-Card
The Bureau of Immigration (BI) said it will continue to allow the departure of foreign nationals with approved immigrant and non-immigrant visas even if they have not yet been issued their alien certificate of registration identity card (ACR I-Card).
In an advisory, BI Commissioner Jaime Morente said the Bureau extended until December 31 this year its policy temporarily allowing foreigners with approved and implemented visas to leave pending release of their ACR I-Card.
He explained that in lieu of the ACR I-Card, the said departing aliens need only to present official receipts of the ACR I-Card waiver application fee and reentry permit (RP) or special return certificate (SRC).
Morente said the extension is due to the implementation of the community quarantine in Metro Manila and neighboring provinces and the relatively high number of COVID-19 cases in the country.
BI Deputy Commissioner J. Tobias Javier, whose office processes ACR I-Card waiver applications, said he recommended the extension so as not to inconvenience foreigners who wish to leave the country during the pandemic.
“Immigration officers, upon presenting official receipts of fees paid by the alien, should ensure that the passenger has a valid visa implemented on his or her passport before clearing the latter for departure,” Javier said.
He also advised that departing aliens to safekeep their official receipts as the same shall serve as their ACR I-Card waiver which they would need to present upon their return to the country.
Javier stressed that payment of the ACR I-Card waiver application fees and corresponding ECC or RP/SRC fees are only allowed at the BI main office and authorized sub-port offices.
“We will continue to find ways to ease the burden of foreign nationals during this pandemic, while ensuring that said aliens are still in compliance with immigration laws,” said Morente.

https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, it's good of them to excuse the poriners inconvenienced by the governmental inefficiencies.  :rolleyes:

Visa stamp, anyone ? Registration plate ? :whistling:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Support
2 hours ago, graham59 said:

Visa stamp, anyone ? Registration plate ? :whistling:

I have not had a license sticker for my scooter since 2017. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

My friend flew out from Manila to Dubai 3 days ago with a two month out of date tourist visa and no exit certificate.  He's been in the Philippines about a year and a half.  No problem with immigration. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Manager
4 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

My friend flew out from Manila to Dubai 3 days ago with a two month out of date tourist visa and no exit certificate.  He's been in the Philippines about a year and a half.  No problem with immigration. 

So did he pay for non payment of visa which I can almost guarantee he did. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

08 June 2021
PRESS RELEASE 
Aliens with BI-approved visas can still leave sans ACR I-Card
The Bureau of Immigration (BI) said it will continue to allow the departure of foreign nationals with approved immigrant and non-immigrant visas even if they have not yet been issued their alien certificate of registration identity card (ACR I-Card).
In an advisory, BI Commissioner Jaime Morente said the Bureau extended until December 31 this year its policy temporarily allowing foreigners with approved and implemented visas to leave pending release of their ACR I-Card.
He explained that in lieu of the ACR I-Card, the said departing aliens need only to present official receipts of the ACR I-Card waiver application fee and reentry permit (RP) or special return certificate (SRC).
Morente said the extension is due to the implementation of the community quarantine in Metro Manila and neighboring provinces and the relatively high number of COVID-19 cases in the country.
BI Deputy Commissioner J. Tobias Javier, whose office processes ACR I-Card waiver applications, said he recommended the extension so as not to inconvenience foreigners who wish to leave the country during the pandemic.
“Immigration officers, upon presenting official receipts of fees paid by the alien, should ensure that the passenger has a valid visa implemented on his or her passport before clearing the latter for departure,” Javier said.
He also advised that departing aliens to safekeep their official receipts as the same shall serve as their ACR I-Card waiver which they would need to present upon their return to the country.
Javier stressed that payment of the ACR I-Card waiver application fees and corresponding ECC or RP/SRC fees are only allowed at the BI main office and authorized sub-port offices.
“We will continue to find ways to ease the burden of foreign nationals during this pandemic, while ensuring that said aliens are still in compliance with immigration laws,” said Morente.

https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration

Interesting.  When we departed Manila June 2 at he airport I handed the immigration officer my passport and waited as he checked it.  He then asked for my ACR-I card.  He stamped my passport and held up a small sign with large numbers on it and nothing else.  P2880.  Handed over the cash and were on our way

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, intrepid said:

Interesting.  When we departed Manila June 2 at he airport I handed the immigration officer my passport and waited as he checked it.  He then asked for my ACR-I card.  He stamped my passport and held up a small sign with large numbers on it and nothing else.  P2880.  Handed over the cash and were on our way

Yes, interesting that they are now letting people pay the ECC-B at that counter.  Usually they make you go to another office off to the side.  I hope that he gave you a receipt.

Edited by OnMyWay
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

So did he pay for non payment of visa which I can almost guarantee he did. 

No.  Have a nice day Sir and on his way.  He was the guy who a few months back was going to wing it as his visa was well out of date.  I advised him he would be pushing his luck so at the time he paid good money to get his visa up to date. Unfortunately he ran out of money again and couldn't afford to get it renewed. 

He was asked where he was going and why but no fees.  He only had a few hundred peso to his name anyway but touch wood he is now employed in a job paying crazy money.  Whether they have marked him on the system I will find out on his first leave.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I hope that he gave you a receipt.

Yes I received a receipt.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...