Are they nuts?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

That is as polite as I can say it.

SBMA put out a notice, based on IATF Res. 118, that NCR Plus are now allowed to come to Subic (and other MGCQ areas), regardless of age.  However, if you are under 18 or over 65, you require a swab test.  So if you are 18-65, the main age group getting and spreading Covid, no test required.  Philippines still has 5-10 k cases a day, most in NCR Plus.

If this is not a typo, it would appear the IATF is trying to spread Covid, not contain it.

8. Point-to-Point travel from NCR Plus to areas under Modified General
Community Quarantine shall be allowed without age restrictions
subject to an RT-PCR test-before-travel requirement for those below
eighteen year olds (18) and above sixty-five (65), and other protocols
and restrictions as may be imposed by the DOT and the Local
Government Unit of destination.

https://www.officialgazette.gov.ph/downloads/2021/05may/20210531-IATF-RESO-118-A-RRD.pdf

• Like 2

Shady
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

it would appear the IATF is trying to spread Covid, not contain it.

Or maybe they finally understand that the only vulnerable group is >65.  

Can't explain the <18 though, that never made any sense.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Shady said:

Or maybe they finally understand that the only vulnerable group is >65.  

Can't explain the <18 though, that never made any sense.

Even if, still makes no sense.  Say your 66, and get a negative test, does that make you less vulnerable so you should be allowed to travel around?

I'm not big on lockdowns but I'm not thrilled with a bunch of 18-65 year olds from MNL flooding in to Subic right now during the spike they have in NCR.

The key thing we want is for them to lift the ridiculous restrictions on our kids.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Don, Don, Don...... You suddenly forgot what country you're living in? :2245_safe:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

Albert Einstein

• Love it 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

However, if you are under 18 or over 65, you require a swab test. 

can see the reason for point to point travel, (dont know how you will enforce it or verify it thought :hystery:) You dont want me from low infection area of Paranaque visiting a cousin in a high area like Taguig before visiting you in Subic.

But my WTF question is........................HEY! under 18 and above 65 have been restricted to their homes for the last 18 months! If they are not sick by now they should be safe and not need a test. You should need to test the 30 year old that have been riding their scooter to work everyday, stopping at the roadside eatery elbow to elbow or riding jeepneys everyday. Those are the chuckleheads that need to be tested! :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

image.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, scott h said:

can see the reason for point to point travel, (dont know how you will enforce it or verify it thought :hystery:) You dont want me from low infection area of Paranaque visiting a cousin in a high area like Taguig before visiting you in Subic.

But my WTF question is........................HEY! under 18 and above 65 have been restricted to their homes for the last 18 months! If they are not sick by now they should be safe and not need a test. You should need to test the 30 year old that have been riding their scooter to work everyday, stopping at the roadside eatery elbow to elbow or riding jeepneys everyday. Those are the chuckleheads that need to be tested! :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Exactly!

And, your chuckleheads are going to ride in a vehicle with the under 18 and over 65 after they were tested???  Shelter them for a year then stick them in a car with chuckleheads?  I think we are in the twilight zone!  (stolen from a neighbor's FB post!)

• Haha 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted

or even consider, a family decides to take their 2 kids and lola and lola to Subic... before they even leave home  they need to spend P 16,000 on tests alone !

One thing is for sure, this country never ceases to amaze ! Or amuase. Or frustrate  , all in equal measures.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

A prime example of why politicians shouldn't be in charge of this pandemic. 

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

A prime example of why politicians shouldn't be in charge of this pandemic. 

Probably so, but would you leave it to the medical profession instead? 

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic