Are they nuts?

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Shady said:

unelected leaders like Gates (making billions from the sale of vaccines)

Gates making billions?  Source?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I wonder how those who view this pandemic and the resultant outcomes marry their ideas against the fact that there is a myriad of things happening everywhere and across the full spectrum of political beliefs.

Or, are we to look at the USA for example in isolation and ignore what's going on elsewhere?

I'm not buying into any conspiracy theories.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I'm not buying into any conspiracy theories.

How and when do you know if a story or theory, is a conspiracy theory or based on facts?  In the past few years there are several that have gone both ways.  Stories pushed as facts by MSM turned out to be politically motivated conspiracy theories.  And "conspiracy theories" that were banned by MSM and social media are turning out to be factual.

Point is, you have to keep a bit of an open mind even when a story is being pushed one way or the other by major media.  Most major media is no longer involved in fairly reporting news without adding their politically motivated opinions.

Along those lines, I'm surprised that a topic on the recent UFO revelations has not been started.  Conspiracy theories?  I have a story about that from the 90's when I was abducted and probed. 

509d58d4b9a94cdf8b6c3f0368729b45.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Stories pushed as facts by MSM turned out to be politically motivated conspiracy theories.  And "conspiracy theories" that were banned by MSM and social media are turning out to be factual.

Examples?   Just a relative short description, sufficient for research.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Examples?   Just a relative short description, sufficient for research.

Stories pushed as facts by MSM turned out to be politically motivated conspiracy theories.

Former president collusion with Russia

And "conspiracy theories" that were banned by MSM and social media are turning out to be factual.

The obvious current one that is still panning out is that Covid 19 originated in a lab.

The other "conspiracy" that is dismissed by MSM is everything related to Hunter B and his business relationships with the Big guy.  I will add the conspiracy tag to that one because when I posted about it one month before the 2020 election, I was accused by my own family of participating in a conspiracy.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Shady said:

Correct, deaths is the only metric that matters,

Not true, there is very strong evidence that serious cases of Covid (those requiring ICU care in particular) lead to extended periods of disability and increasing evidence that damage will in many cases be permanent.

I suspect we'll see in the medium term a group of people who will face inability (or at least reduced ability) to work and support themselves which will create a further burden upon societies limited social services.

From a purely self interested point of view it makes sense to reduce those numbers (at least to the point where the gain to society exceeds the cost of doing so).

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

lead to extended periods of disability and increasing evidence that damage will in many cases be permanent.

It is a sad fact that some people are just not as healthy as others. Be it hereditary or due to poor diet and lack of an active life style.

IMHO our society as a whole has just become so risk adverse and embedded with a sense of equality and social justice that it is difficult to see the reality that not everyone can live to be 100.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

It is a sad fact that some people are just not as healthy as others. Be it hereditary or due to poor diet and lack of an active life style.

Whilst that is true that isn't a reason to not help those people, even more so if the end cost of helping them to be vaccinated is going to be less than the ongoing cost of helping them after they get sick from Covid and don't fully recover.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

How and when do you know if a story or theory, is a conspiracy theory or based on facts? 

If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck and smells like a duck, it's almost certainly a duck.  It's not scientific but it gets me by. 

• Haha 1

Explorer
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, scott h said:

E1buazQXMAEIogc.jpg

• Like 5

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic