Are they nuts?

Shady
Posted
Posted
On 6/6/2021 at 6:09 PM, Mike J said:

Gates making billions?  Source?

Wait, do you actually think Bill Gates is involved because he's just a great guy?

• Like 1

Explorer
Posted
Posted
On 6/6/2021 at 6:09 AM, Mike J said:

Gates making billions?  Source?

If Gates own shares in big pharma he made some money.

"COVID vaccines create 9 new billionaires with combined wealth greater than cost of vaccinating world's poorest countries"

The 9 new vaccine billionaires, in order of their net worth are: 

1) Stéphane Bancel, Moderna’s CEO (worth $4.3 billion)

2) Ugur Sahin, CEO and co-founder of BioNTech (worth $4 billion)

3) Timothy Springer, an immunologist and founding investor of Moderna (worth $2.2bn)

4) Noubar Afeyan, Moderna’s Chairman (worth $1.9 billion)

5) Juan Lopez-Belmonte, Chairman of ROVI, a company with a deal to manufacture and package the Moderna vaccine (worth $1.8 billion)

6) Robert Langer, a scientist and founding investor in Moderna (worth $1.6 billion)

7) Zhu Tao, co-founder and chief scientific officer at CanSino Biologics (worth $1.3 billion)

8) Qiu Dongxu, co-founder and senior vice president at CanSino Biologics (worth $1.2)

9) Mao Huihua, also co-founder and senior vice president at CanSino Biologics (worth $1 billion) 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Explorer said:

If Gates own shares in big pharma he made some money.

Two points and then I will let this rest. 

1.  You say "if Gates owns stock . . "  As a boy I tried to use the "if argument" with my dad.  He said to me; "and if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass when he landed."

2. The headline says that covid "created 10 new billionaires".  Then is gives a current net worth which I am sure is an estimate.  But the main problem is that there is no source document to say where their wealth came from or how much, if any, their individual wealth may have increased based on covid vaccine.  

For me statements like these without source data are opinions at best, conspiracy theories at worst.  And both the far right and the far left are guilty.  Both sides, especially in Washington DC, seem to feel it is more important to fix blame than it is to fix problems.  

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
On 6/5/2021 at 5:51 PM, Mike J said:

I think some nations did a much better job than others and I expect it was because they had some sort of disaster plan in place and followed it.  Other nations either had no plan, failed to follow the plan, or simple tried to tell the voters "no big deal, it will just go away on its own".   We see how that last choice worked out. :sad:

Sweden where they just told people to protect yourself if you are vulnerable is doing as well as anyone.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
On 6/5/2021 at 7:46 PM, Mike J said:

Here is some information about the states you mentioned as well as the "best" and "worst" states with respect to cases per million population.

New York and Florida both above the USA average for covid cases per million population.

California and Texas both below the USA average for covid cases per million population. 

The five states with best records (cases per million) were Washington, Maine, Oregon, Vermont, and Hawaii.

The five states with worst records (cases per million) were North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Iowa, Utah

Source - https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Unable to post the actual page data because of the way it is displayed on web site.

With all the false positives, deaths not cases is the true metric.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
On 6/5/2021 at 7:58 PM, OnMyWay said:

I think DEATHs per million would be better metric to judge success.  However, I think the death numbers are a gray area.  Excess deaths is the best number but not readily available.

This also does not take into consideration economic success / failure nor the impact of draconian lockdowns on society.  Suicides, etc.

You beat me too it.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
On 6/5/2021 at 10:05 PM, OnMyWay said:

I agree that it is next to impossible to compare.  However, looking back, we can make judgements on what parts of plans worked or did not work.  Or are ridiculous, like face shields over 2 masks.

I still think Sweden had a good plan, but they screwed up when they did not protect their elderly.  Hindsight, of course.

What could Sweden have done, really? They told people in high risk groups to protect themselves. You can isolate yourself, it doesn't have to be a government mandate.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
On 6/6/2021 at 5:16 PM, Mike J said:

Examples?   Just a relative short description, sufficient for research.

President dossier, Hunter Biden laptop, Wuhan Corona Virus lab leak.

• Like 1

Explorer
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

1.  You say "if Gates owns stock . . "  As a boy I tried to use the "if argument" with my dad.  He said to me; "and if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass when he landed."

What is wrong with "if Gates owns stock . . " ? It just a general statment meaning that anybody who owned pharma stock made money off the vaccines, I never said Gates made money, I think you are confusing me with someone else...

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

Could not read it throws up a banner wanting me to subscribe.   But was able to read the first two sentences and did not sound like any kind of conspiracy to me.  It may have been deleted in a prior post but not by me.

I did not deleted the first one but deleted the second post.

Shady, please copy text to topic post it's a simple rule and for a reason as in this case the article is not accessible to some forum members. Thanks for understanding.

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic